Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-20-2022, 07:07 PM   #631
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Of course you can find many hours of coverage online.... Probably better to watch after the fact anyway so you can skip over parts that don't interest you.

Looking the processions between venues, there are so many colorful military uniforms. All those plumes.

OOPS. QUOTED THE WRONG POST. Was referring to coverage of the royal funeral.
I grabbed the BBC 9+ hour video from Youtube. Much easier to watch when you can skip around.

Removed Youtube link since it is now marked as private.

Last edited by DNSB; 09-22-2022 at 02:01 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 06:09 AM   #632
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We went on to S3 of Hidden, another Welsh show but darker than Hinterland - a bit too much Dickensian hopelessness for my taste.

Hidden also has an aspect that that bothers me about some of these British crime series - the main detective plays a DI role (say like Lewis) but has the rank of DCI or even DSI, which to me seem more appropriate for leading large-scale investigations (like Clunes in Manhunt) or administering a large staff (like Dunbar in Line of Duty).
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2022, 09:05 AM   #633
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I grabbed the BBC 9+ hour video from Youtube. Much easier to watch when you can skip around.

Uh, that's odd. Why does this say that the video is "private?"

(Can you tell that I spend almost zero time on Youtube?)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 02:03 AM   #634
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Uh, that's odd. Why does this say that the video is "private?"

(Can you tell that I spend almost zero time on Youtube?)

Hitch
Probably too many people viewing/downloading a 10.1GB file?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:54 AM   #635
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Probably too many people viewing/downloading a 10.1GB file?
LOL, 10gigs? Yeah, that'll do 'er.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2022, 11:55 PM   #636
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I have been watching Chef's Table: Pizza on Netflix and The Last Movie Stars on HBO Max. The Last Movie Stars is about Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:34 AM   #637
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
We slogged through S02E01 & S02E02 of My Life is Murder, then ditched it. I like Lucy, but this show is about as bland as it gets.

So we moved on to a much more appealing S2 of Queens of Mystery. I like the cast, the stories are decent, always with a plausible reason for the aunts to meddle in the cases, and I like the storybook narration style. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't realize that Matilda got re-cast in S2 - the new actress took over pretty seamlessly.

Now we're one season into Sommerdahl Murders set in beautiful Elsinore, Denmark - not bad, a bit soapy but not bothering me too much so far.

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 09-25-2022 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 02:31 AM   #638
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
On Saturday night my sister and I couldn't decide what to watch, we eventually put on Netflix's Snowflake Mountain. Which was surprisingly fun. We finished it last night.

Tonight, after catching up on House of the Dragon, I'm need to watch some horror. In the past I could convince my sister to occasionally watch some some scary movies, but not any more. And although I enjoyed what we've watched these past two weeks I need some good scares. She'll probably put on some period drama tonight, which is something I rarely watch.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 06:39 PM   #639
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm sort of glad that Britbox is doling out S7 of Shetland one week at a time. I would have binged it all gone by now otherwise.

I've also checked out the first two episodes of Guilt on Britbox. A dark comedy starring Mark Bonnar and Jamie Sives. Seems promising, but I might save it for when I'm jonesing for something to watch.

EDIT: My bad. "Guilt" is on Masterpiece | PBS.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-28-2022 at 08:58 PM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 02:26 AM   #640
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Earlier this week I finished The Imperfects, which I thought was okay. I started with Dahmer, on Netflix, and watched the first four episodes, I will finish it (six more to go), but I find that the story is too drawn out. Also, the focus is solely on Dahmer and not on his victims, those feel like throwaway characters. I hope, but not expect, that the second half of the series will focus more on the victims and the story telling speeds up.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:39 AM   #641
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Welcome to Wrexham is proving a pleasant surprise - much depth and real human emotion than I expected. The episode on football hooliganism, and the personal face thereof, was was very well dome. Much more than a sports doco, it's solidly about the town and the people.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 06:15 AM   #642
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Sometimes you can't find anything that you want to watch. Currently I'm in a phase where I want to watch too many things.

Tonight I have one episode of the Dahmer series left, but what to watch after that? I want to start with Five Days at Memorial, but also The Girl from Plainville and The Mysterious Benedict Society, those are at the top of my watchlist. Then there are the films I want to watch; both Hocus Pocus films. Lou, Seasons of the Witch, a whole bunch of horror films.

Where to start?
Old 10-04-2022, 02:36 AM   #643
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I finished Five Days at Memorial. A very good, but also horrifying series.

I've watched several "based on true events" series lately, and I have several on my watch list, including one about the Bijlmer disaster, about when a airplane crashed on an apartment block in 1992, it also shows the (political) aftermath.

But after Dahmer and Five Days at Memorial I need a bit of a palate cleanser before continuing with my true crime/true events binge. So after catching up with the latest House of the Dragon episode tonight I'll probably watch a couple of episodes of the latest season of The Floor is Lava.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:04 PM   #644
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sherwood on BritBox. Sooooooo brooding. It's as if the oppressive atmosphere is a member of the ensemble cast. I love it.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:41 AM   #645
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I too loved Sherwood when it was shown, but a few of my friends and family bailed out after episode one as they found it somehow depressing!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote