Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 01:08 AM   #1
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast
SuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with others

Device: Kindle
KFX: Which cover solution do you prefer?

When converting to KFX which way of getting the cover do you use? And why? Adding amazon:XXXXXXX or just the isbn and reconnecting the kindle after amazon derps the covers?

Cheers

EDIT: I've been using amazon:XXXXXXX, mobi-asin:XXXXXXX but it sucks when azn pulls down a lame cover heh.

Last edited by SuperDerpBro; 06-23-2022 at 01:18 AM.
SuperDerpBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:46 PM   #2
SuperDerpBro
Enthusiast
SuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with othersSuperDerpBro plays well with others

:/ heh
SuperDerpBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I upload an epub2 to the KDP platform, deleting the included cover in the epub that goes to Draft2Digital. KDP wants the product image (cover) uploaded separately; the two files are then merged by KDP. There is no conversion to KFX on my part. This has worked without a hitch for a bit more than ten years.

Much the same is true of Google Play: the cover and interior are uploaded separately.

Last edited by Notjohn; 11-10-2022 at 05:48 AM. Reason: updated 2 uploaded
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote