Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
djcnyc
djcnyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20 (First Edition)
Help with Tags/Collections Calibre/Aura H20 (First Edition)

Hi, All-

I am having trouble figuring out how to have my Kobo Aura h2o (first edition) create collections based upon the "tags" category in Calibre. Is there a straightforward explanation available somewhere? Other than the cover, most metadata from Calibre is missing on the Aura H2o reader.

Many thanks!

DJC
djcnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcnyc View Post
Hi, All-

I am having trouble figuring out how to have my Kobo Aura h2o (first edition) create collections based upon the "tags" category in Calibre. Is there a straightforward explanation available somewhere? Other than the cover, most metadata from Calibre is missing on the Aura H2o reader.

Many thanks!

DJC
I posted this very set of directions recently. You can find my post in the following thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290146
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #3
lightbulbjim
Enthusiast
lightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo
I just did this same thing for the first time about an hour ago. Pretty simple. In addition to the linked instructions for creating the collections you have to enable metadata management.

In Calibre go to Preferences -> Import/Export -> Sending books to devices and set metadata management to automatic management. Then Calibre will automatically update the collections every time your Kobo is connected.

There is a fuller explanation on the wiki (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections) but it includes some extra stuff which it sounds like you're not interested in.
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
djcnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I posted this very set of directions recently. You can find my post in the following thread... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290146
Thanks! I'll try this out when I get home this evening!
Old 09-13-2017, 09:46 AM   #5
djcnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbulbjim View Post
I just did this same thing for the first time about an hour ago. Pretty simple. In addition to the linked instructions for creating the collections you have to enable metadata management.

In Calibre go to Preferences -> Import/Export -> Sending books to devices and set metadata management to automatic management. Then Calibre will automatically update the collections every time your Kobo is connected.

There is a fuller explanation on the wiki (https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections) but it includes some extra stuff which it sounds like you're not interested in.
Thanks so much!
Advert

Tags
aura h2o, calbire, kobo aura h2o