Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #91
darrenmcg
Enthusiast
darrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterdarrenmcg can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Voyage 5.8.9.2
Just a guess here, but each X-ray file will probably have a different ASIN, GUID and database name at least. The easiest way would be to create one "super" XML file containing all the terms (characters and topics) you want and use that as a base XML for all your books.
darrenmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #92
Infinite3
Enthusiast
Infinite3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde paper white
How would I do that? use the xml file that is. And create it. And how would I create a "super" file? thanks! at least you have some idea
Infinite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2015, 05:18 PM   #93
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgponce View Post
Thank you for the update and sorry for borring you.

I made a few tests and x-ray didn't work because 'XRAY.entities' is still being created as ASIN. Converted the file to UTF-8 and still didn't work (same coding of 'chapters' and 'aliases' files). When i converted it to 'UTF-8 (without BOM)', x-ray works.
Sorry for the delay. Here is a new version. There is a new option in Settings to write the X-Ray itself as UTF8 (off by default).
You can also read character from an XML or a text (UTF8 only) file.
The TXT file format is as you described:
Code:
Character or Topic
Name
Description
Character or Topic
Name
Description
The first line for each term must be 'character' or 'topic'. The difference being that characters are case-sensitive when searching within the book, topics are not.
I did not heavily test it so there may be a lack in error checking when reading from text files.
Let me know if you run into any issues with it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar xray-builder-gui-v1.53.rar (2.82 MB, 260 views)
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #94
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite3 View Post
How would I do that? use the xml file that is. And create it. And how would I create a "super" file? thanks! at least you have some idea
You can create the initial XML file by picking a book, entering a Shelfari URL and hitting "Save Shelfari Info". It would output it into the ext folder.
You would then have to modify the XML manually using the format displayed within the one you saved.
There is no easy way to mass-update Shelfari.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:31 PM   #95
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Ok, I did that, but how do I use it for all the other books I have?
Advert
Old 02-23-2015, 06:07 PM   #96
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Ok, I did that, but how do I use it for all the other books I have?
There is an option to use "Shelfari" or "XML file" as the source (or just "File" if you downloaded the newest version I just posted).
Old 02-23-2015, 09:12 PM   #97
Infinite3
Enthusiast

And then what do I do? I select the file option and I dont see what to do next? I dont see a file to use. Thanks so far again.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #98
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Ok, so far I have made a .xml file, then I use the create a shelfari using the .xml file. Then I go to create a xray using the xml but it keeps saying it doesnt see any of my people in the xray file.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #99
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Ok, so far I have made a .xml file, then I use the create a shelfari using the .xml file. Then I go to create a xray using the xml but it keeps saying it doesnt see any of my people in the xray file.
I'd have to see the book / xml file to see what's going on. I imagine it's just not finding any of the people by name. In many cases you have to follow the instructions on making an alias file so it matches more names in the book (by searching through the .rawml file, saved when the option is check, to find what nicknames they go by).
Old 02-26-2015, 11:30 AM   #100
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Knowingly posting copyrighted material - without written permission from the copyright holder - is a 'bannable' offense.

Mobileread will not tolerate copyrighted material to be posted on its site, unless there is clear permission from the copyright holder.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-26-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:45 AM   #101
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Note that a common workaround for this is to send the book via PM (or upload in-thread in a password-protected ZIP and PM the password) --this enables the maintainer of whichever tool to work on a problem without making the media available to the world.
On a similar note, calibre bug reports can be marked Private so only the security team (Kovid) and reportee can access them. But we don't have a MobileRead bugreport system.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #102
Ephemerality
Addict

Yes, I should have mentioned that the book should be PMed to me (and is deleted after testing) rather than being posted.
I got it downloaded anyway and will have a look when I get home from work.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:59 PM   #103
Infinite3
Enthusiast

Ok, thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #104
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
i have a mobi converted to azw3. i have followed the instructions on pae 1 to the last word. still the xray is greyed out. what could be the reason?

i am using PW2 and am placing the .asc file in .sdr folder of the concerned book.
loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:53 PM   #105
lottomotto
lottomotto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostofFreud View Post
The new version made the process much faster, thanks. But the main issue is still there.

I've attached some photos to help you understand the problem. Also, I'll be happy to help you as much as I can with testing the xray builder on the new firmware. Just tell me if you need me to do anything else.
Did you find a solution? same exact problem!!
lottomotto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray