Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
So does this mean I should have first factory reset my touch before I upgraded to 2.0? I had already factory reset after the first release and downgraded to 1.9.17 when 2.0 was first yanked. Then when it was available again I upgraded when I did a wifi sync. So far 2.0 is running fine but I wonder if I should do these steps just to be absolutely sure.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #17
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Don't worry. If you are not having trouble, leave it be.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #18
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Don't worry. If you are not having trouble, leave it be.
That was my gut feeling. I think I was more contemplating doing the factory reset just for something to do. My wife and kids are visiting family in Newfoundland and I'm bored.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Come to Alberta. My garage needs painting I can't seem to insert a smiley, but there is one intended.

Last edited by taming; 07-17-2012 at 11:14 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #20
RareBird
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Come to Alberta. My garage needs painting I can't seem to insert a smiley, but there is one intended.
Sure right after I finish putting together the kids cedar play center (10-12 hours my a**......I've been at it a week with 2 friends helping)
Advert
Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Sure right after I finish putting together the kids cedar play center (10-12 hours my a**......I've been at it a week with 2 friends helping)
Was one friend Blue and the other one Ex ?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #22
RareBird
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Was one friend Blue and the other one Ex ?
I cannot confirm or deny that statement.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #23
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
The instructions are getting better.

They still need to distinguish between the colour and speed of the flashing light. Having been through many, many factory resets in the last week, there are many patterns of flashing LEDS, many of which are not the Touch factory resetting.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #24
JoeFuller
JoeFuller began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Kobo Touch upgrade from v 1.9.17

I've ended up here reading this thread after the upgrade (to 2.???) failed. I made several attempts to load the upgrade, and on two occasions got the message "device out of memory". So if the development team read this, it maybe something else they need to consider. Could it be that failed installations have used up some of the system ROM and it's no longer marked as free?

Trouble is, every time I sync my Kobo, it goes on to load this new version, then fails... Not too pleased with this...
JoeFuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have a lot of books on your device?

When in Kobo Desktop what shows in the Free / Used stats on the eReader page?

One approach you could try is after having your Kobo attached via Desktop and the upgrade being transferred to it, before ejecting the Touch "remove" the upgrade files from the Touch.

BE CAREFUL HERE AND DO NOT DROP THE WRONG FILES.

In the .kobo directory you will see (among other things) a folder called upgrade, a file manifest.md5sum and another file KoboRoot.tgz

Drop those three and the upgrade will NOT happen.

BE CAREFUL HERE AND DO NOT DROP THE WRONG FILES.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #26
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By 'drop' you mean delete, right?
Old 07-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #27
JoeFuller

First I'll echo murg's question: by "drop" you mean delete?
PeterT: As to the book count, quite a few, but memory usage is shown as 297 out of 1400 MB, so it's nowhere near full.
I've had a go at following your instructions, but the installer drops the connection before I get a chance to look at the file list (I'm running XP Pro and using DirectoryOpus rather than Explorer). Looking at the .kobo folder there never appears to be an upgrade folder, nor do either of the files you mention exist. In fact the .kobo folder has always seemed to me to be very sparsely populated.

Whilst I'd like to get to the bottom of this, it's not too much of a concern as I generally use Calibre for managing the bulk of the content (all of the non Kobo DRM books) and Adobe Digital Editions for DRM-restricted library borrows.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
By 'drop' you mean delete, right?
Yes I mean delete... to me the two are the same.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
murg
No Comment

Well, to manually install the firmware on the Touch, you drag and drop to files to the Touch. Hence the confusion.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
JoeFuller

That's the easy bit! Where are the files downloaded to, as it's something the Kobo updater does in the background, so I assume they're in a Temp folder somewhere...

Tags
customer care, customer service, customer support, firmware update, kobo touch