Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Talking Another Kindle Customer Service Report

So, my wife woke up Friday morning with a dead Kindle Keyboard (WiFi). I looked at it, and sure enough, the glass was broken and it was officially dead. I went to Amazon.com, clicked through a couple of questions, and then clicked the "call me" button, specifying now. Kindle support called me back instantly, and after a description of the problem the CS person looked up the Kindle, said "it's out of warranty" (since November), and I was expecting the "too bad, so sad" follow on, but instead she immediately offered me either a replacement at roughly 1/2 price ($65, with no ads), or we could look at what she could do on one of the newer models. Well, Sharon likes the keyboard model, so I stuck with that.

The agent said they'd ship it to me immediately. I told her we were at our Canadian address, she said no problem, $9.95 shipping for international priority UPS. All she asked was that we ship the broken one back (their cost) using the UPS label they'd email me. I explained that we had NO outgoing UPS here and she said no problem, use whatever method we wished, as long as it had a tracking number, and they'd refund or credit the cost of shipping.

It's now cleared customs and will be here tomorrow. (This to a remote location that has nothing even vaguely resembling overnight delivery.) The entire transaction took 5 minutes and could NOT have been easier or more pleasant. Yet again, Amazon continues to exceed expectations and will continue to get my business going forward.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
That is really awesome.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
So nice to hear another good report about amazon customer service.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who uses the "Call me" feature. That never gets old.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your Kindle, but glad to see that it's been rectified quickly!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #5
Harry_Y
Addict
Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harry_Y ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DX, Galaxy Tab 2
I have always been pleased with their service
Harry_Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
The one time I had to contact Amazon CS even though I didn't ask for a callback from them I got an email within an hour and delivery was confirmed the next day with the courier service. The courier claimed that they attempted delivery twice, both times when someone was standing directly outside my door, and were saying my only option was an 100+ mile trip through Christmas traffic and bad weather to pick up from their depot or they would sent it back to the supplier.

Told amazon all this and they contacted the courier immediately and my parcel arrived next day, badly bashed as well by a disgruntled driver. Amazon also said if the delivery didn't arrive next day they would immediately dispatch another keyboard straight away.

Mostly every single person I talk to who have had to use CS have gotten great service.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, kindle