Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-08-2021, 05:13 PM   #16
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
FWIW, I've also contacted the Moon+Reader developers in the hope that they do this.
It is really strange that Moonreader dev didn't fix that. Maybe he's not aware of this app.

Anyways, you can help a little bit pointing to the source code of Librera that handles the opening of files in your reports. It is https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraRe...rActivity.java, in particular https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraRe...vity.java#L132
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:15 PM   #17
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
It is really strange that Moonreader dev didn't fix that. Maybe he's not aware of this app.

Anyways, you can help a little bit pointing to the source code of Librera that handles the opening of files in your reports. It is https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraRe...rActivity.java, in particular https://github.com/foobnix/LibreraRe...vity.java#L132
I'll send it to him and see if that helps.

Thanks.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #18
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
FBReader = Fairly Bad Reader. I suggest it be deleted it so it won't waste storage.
Nonsense. Perhaps you'd have more credibility if you listed the issues rather than a blanket personal opinion.

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 01-18-2021 at 03:56 PM.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Nonsense. Perhaps you'd have more credibility if you listed the issues rather than a blanket personal opinion.
FBReader doesn't respect the CSS enough to be any good.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #20
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
FBReader doesn't respect the CSS enough to be any good.
There, wasn't that easy?

Been using it on and off for years. It renders everything just fine for me today - better, in fact, than a few new reader apps on the block.

It's easy to configure (way ahead of Cool Reader in that department) which is important to me in recommending it to neophyte friends. It doesn't crash on me, and it doesn't suck up too much battery.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2021, 03:15 PM   #21
aritza
aritza began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Same problem here with CC and Moon+. I also noticed it when I upgraded my S20+ to Android 11 a few weeks ago. I am bummed out. This would be so easy to fix, it seems. I will keep coming to this thread to see if a solution has been found.
aritza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #22
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
I don't know if this helps any of you but I can report that the previous version of CC (5.4.4.10) works as usual with Android 11 and Moon+ Reader. My Note10+ finally got the update to OneUI 3.0. I was worried that it would break the book opening functionality but everything seems okay.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 04:18 PM   #23
iatheia
Zealot
iatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmosiatheia has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Icarus Illumina XL, Boyue T62
Something similar is happening on my end as well. My phone upgraded to Android 11, and since then there is a disconnect between CC and MoonReader+. When I select a book in CC and press "read" to open it, MoonReader opens up, but it opens up a last book that was opened there not the new book I want to read.
iatheia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:37 AM   #24
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is NOT fixed in Moonreader Prio's 6.5 beta (available from playstore if you enroll in beta program) from 19 Feb 2021
Looks like System status bar state is more imortant than reader being actually usable.
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 12:34 AM   #25
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
FWIW, I've also contacted the Moon+Reader developers in the hope that they do this.
May be everybody who have this issue should try use GP's beta program for Moon+, test latest version and file feedback via GP's beta program?
Old 03-06-2021, 06:11 AM   #26
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post

I tried using Librera Pro as replacement for Moonreader on 3 devices
2 Android 11 devices (samsung phones, both got upgrade from Android 10) with data on internal memory - everything fine. Librera sees books at /storage/emulated/0/CC/...etc.
Android 9 device(galaxy tab active 2 , security level 1 jan 2021 but still android 9) - books are being copied to cache as /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.fobnix.pro.pdf.reader/cache/Recent/<a_lot_of_digits>.ext
So position sync/bookmarks sync doesn't work.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:26 AM   #27
vikarti
Groupie

Does someone remember exact version number of last Chaley's version?
Old 03-11-2021, 03:22 PM   #28
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
I believe 5.4.3.3
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:31 AM   #29
vikarti
Groupie

More testing of alternatives to Moonreader in pair with CC:
- Librera Pro appears to work if CC's folder is ON internal memory AND at same path on ALL devices (so if internal memory size is lower than size of CC's folder - new device needed) .
- Librera Pro's position sync have rather strange logic. It appears to use it's page numbers + some logic to correct for page size. it's wrong for some epub books.
- bookmarks/quotes appears to be synced (but they work strange in Librera)

AlreaderX:
- position sync appears to work both in 'network' and 'file' mode(latter with external sync program). It will ask you when you open book on other device.
- it doesn't matter if book is at different path on this device (like on physical sd card).
- PDF position sync doesn't work, because PDFs aren't supported (CBR/CBZ's are supported).

Tested on Android 10 and Android 11 devices (same as above + Galaxy Tab Active Pro)
Old 03-12-2021, 06:32 AM   #30
vikarti
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
I believe 5.4.3.3
thanks