Notices

Old 12-13-2020, 05:53 AM   #1
cmb1175
Enthusiast
cmb1175 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 7th gen
Question about updating on a kindle

Hi

Anyone know if Calibre Companion has to be updated when it says to update?

Last couple of time i updated it caused probs, and i had to uninstall and reinstall it and restore a back up of the database

My kindle is now saying calibre companion needs a manual back up again and I am wondering if i can just leave it and not update it.

If i leave it and dont update how long will icalibre companion still work?

anyone else having similar problems?

thanks
carolyn
cmb1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb1175 View Post
Anyone know if Calibre Companion has to be updated when it says to update?

Last couple of time i updated it caused probs, and i had to uninstall and reinstall it and restore a back up of the database

My kindle is now saying calibre companion needs a manual back up again and I am wondering if i can just leave it and not update it.

If i leave it and dont update how long will icalibre companion still work?

anyone else having similar problems?
Which Calibre Companion version is on the device?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
cmb1175
Enthusiast

its version 5.4.4.1 (392)
Old 12-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
its version 5.4.4.1 (392)
Do not update to a Version bigger 5.4.4.3.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:27 PM   #5
cmb1175
Enthusiast

ok thanks

will it cause problems if i dont update it?
Old 12-13-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
cmb1175
Enthusiast

just looked on my 2nd kindle and i have 5.4.4.19 on it

what difference will it make pleae
Old 12-14-2020, 12:52 AM   #7
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
jwhat difference will it make pleae
The change of operator who, I believe, wants to turn it into a subscription.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:56 AM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
will it cause problems if i dont update it?
I do not think so.
However, if something changes when logging in to cloud connections (Dropbox), it will of course not be updated.
Old 12-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #9
cmb1175
Enthusiast

Thanks for your help

I will stick with the versions i have and see how it goes. I hope i am not forced to update again as the last few times i updated it caused problems