Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
Yetchtoo
Yetchtoo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Prev Page button skips back multiple pages

I am on my second Kindle, a replacement. I had the first one replaced because when hitting the 'Previous Page' button after a sleep or shut down, it would skip back 8 to 10 pages. This seems to be happening since the latest software upgrade. Wel,l the new one is doing this also. Anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks, Mike
Yetchtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
nope. never. not with two K1s and a K2. sure you aren't just a little heavy handed?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This does happen with Topaz format books.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
edge777
Kindle Enthusiastic
edge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enoughedge777 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2 International
It's happened to me as well, with Topaz books.
edge777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetchtoo View Post
I am on my second Kindle, a replacement. I had the first one replaced because when hitting the 'Previous Page' button after a sleep or shut down, it would skip back 8 to 10 pages. This seems to be happening since the latest software upgrade. Wel,l the new one is doing this also. Anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks, Mike
Yep... so does mine... I thought it was because it was intuitive, and knowing I was falling asleep during the last 10 pages... .. If not, I would have started on the page that came up...

The page you're on comes up after you turn it back on after sleep.... If you hit the 'back button' you go back 10 pages (on the font I'm on).. If you go forward one page and then back, it doesn't happen... This thing then knows you're awake...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
what the heck font are you on?
Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
I don't have any topaz books, but I have had this happen with mobi format books. I've also had my book list on the home screen invert, with the most recently added ending up at the bottom of the list. I think the 2 issues are somewhat related, because they only happen if I leave my wireless off for an extended time. If I periodically turn wireless on, whether to download a book or just to have it on, and then turn it back off again I don't see either issue.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I dunno about that one. I only turn on wireless when I know I have content that needs to download, or I am out of reading material and NEED the content. that can be up to 2 weeks
Old 03-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
BudUVA
BudUVA began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
On my Kindle 2, I've been experiencing the exact behavior that Yetchtoo and lene1949 describe. It seems to be directly attributable to .azw1 files. The firmware update to 2.3.3 didn't help.

Relieved to know I'm not alone!
BudUVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #10
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
replacement doing the same thing? Did they just receive your old kindle and decided to play a trick on you by sending it back?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote