Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Glo HD vs Clara for touch responsiveness

For those that went from Glo HD to a Clara, was there a difference in touch responsiveness?

One thing that's always been a problem for me with the Kobo's was their touch responsiveness: I often get missed taps, occasionally a page back instead of forward, hard to type on the keyboard. I recently purchased a Kindle PW3, and the touch screen was much, much better.*
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Ive just migrated from a PW2 to Clara HD and have had no issue with touch responsiveness - it's been trouble free so far. Admittedly, I've only had it a week, but it's had a solid workout in that week
Advert
Old 10-17-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please, I'm particularly interested in going from a Glo HD to a Clara, as the Glo HD is my reference point.

Please don't take this personally stuartjmz, I just don't want this to turn into a Kindle vs Kobo flamewar, or I don't have any problems vs. I do have problems, ...
Old 10-17-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Please, I'm particularly interested in going from a Glo HD to a Clara, as the Glo HD is my reference point.

Please don't take this personally stuartjmz, I just don't want this to turn into a Kindle vs Kobo flamewar, or I don't have any problems vs. I do have problems, ...
No problem, I'm not offended. I simply misunderstood, and thought having come from a similar PW device my comparison might have been helpful. My apologies
Old 10-17-2018, 06:33 AM   #5
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
I got a Clara when my old Glo HD gave up the ghost last week, the Clara is pretty good, but I do feel that the Glo HD was slightly more responsive.
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2018, 06:54 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
I got a Clara when my old Glo HD gave up the ghost last week, the Clara is pretty good, but I do feel that the Glo HD was slightly more responsive.
Thanks for the response.

And to be clear, I am not asking about quickness, I am asking about missed taps, misinterpreting taps, ...
Old 10-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I would say that my Clara HD is a little bit better for the touch responsiveness. But, I think recent firmware has improved things on the Glo HD. I'm not noticing as many missed taps when writing annotations one either device. I've never had much of a problem with missed page-turning taps or it paging backwards, so I can't judge that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote