Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #1
FlashGen
FlashGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Unhappy Kobo reading status tags not copied to Calibre

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been solved (had a search but didn't see anything relevant).

The issue I'm having is that when I connect my Kobo Aura One to Calibre (3.70) using KoboTouchExtended driver and sync my progress etc it used to also sync the meta tags for 'Read' or Im_Reading'.

Now it doesn't appear to do it any more - I suspect it's not syncing any meta tags TBH. The tags are set in the device library but don't get copied across. Device DB has been checked and is fine. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with Kobo FW 4.5.9587.

Any one else seen this / worked out a solution?

Thanks
-
m
FlashGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:48 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not completely sure what you are saying as it doesn't agree with any behaviour that the Kobo drivers have ever done for a Kobo Aura ONE no matter what firmware version or calibre version. So, let me state what should be happening.

The Kobo drivers do not copy the status or anything else from the Kobo devices to the library. This has never been the case, or at least never for any version of calibre that would work with the Kobo Aura ONE.

The drivers can create collections on the device if they are configured that way. And the drivers can set the reading status on the device if "Read" or "Im_Reading" is one of the values in the columns used for collections. But, nothing is changed in the library.

The collections column in the device list should show the reading status with the pseudo-collections of "Im_Reading" and "Read". But, that is a display only to show the status on the device. This is not stored in the calibre library.

None of this has changed for a while in either calibre or the firmware. I did fix some problems with the collections column in the device list a few months ago, but they have been in released versions of calibre for a while.

The reading status can be retrieved from the Kobo devices using my Kobo Utilities plugin. But, it doesn't touch the tags. It can set custom columns including one for the percent read.

As I said, I'm not completely sure of the problem you are reporting as it doesn't agree with the expected behaviour. I have just checked with my Aura ONE and calibre 3.7.0, and everything appears to be working as it is supposed to. If you can give some more detail about what you expect to happen and where things are supposed to be updated that you aren't seeing them updated, then maybe I can work out what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #3
FlashGen
FlashGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thanks for clarifying that Davidfor. I was probably mis-remembering it based on what I had set to Im_Reading in Calibre in the past
FlashGen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fails, kobo, meta tag, sync