Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-22-2017, 12:27 AM   #1
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Nook 7" Tablet Book Not Showing

I can never seem to get consistent results with this device. If I copy an epub to the device it puts it in a folder called Books. If I'm lucky the book will now show up in the Nook library on this device. However, I have no idea what causes this to happen. I fight with it every time trying to get the book in the library. I now have added another book and I see it in the Books folder on the device but it will not show up in my library. What is the proper way to get this file into the library?
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 AM   #2
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Here is helped more of mine show up: if you are on a Windows system, open the folder with the books and edit the titles of the books that are not showing up. Take out apostrophes, dashes. quotation marks, hyphens that are in the title itself. I have even had to take out colons and semicolons. You don't have to take out the dash between the title and the author's name if you used Calibre.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I wonder if that is the problem. I tried some other books and they worked fine. I also tried opening the ones that wouldn't show in the Library directly from the File Manager on the device and I received an error of 'unsupported file format.' Calibre opens it as an epub without any problem and I'm transferring the book after updating metadata and converting to epub like I always do, so I'm not sure at this point why those particular files wouldn't open.
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote