Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 01:44 AM   #31
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Code:
replace_bytes = 04A8, 9E 89 D1 94 B3 7F 01 CA, BE 7F 91 B6 00 00 00 00
replace_bytes = 04B0, F2 93 CC 00 00 02 C0 00, 00 00 00 00 00 02 C0 00
</Patch>
Oren, if you delete the last four bytes from this patch then it should work on all firmware firmware 4.4.9298 -.4.4.9349.
Thanks, I update the patch.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:02 AM   #32
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
I let my KA1 upgrade itself via wifi and applied my selection of the patches successfully. Thank you!
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 05:11 AM   #33
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is now a seperate link for the 4.4.9349 firmware in the wiki, but I assume the old link for the 4.4.9344 firmware could still deliver either version. I've updated post #1 to try to make that clear.

I'll ask a moderator to change the title of the thread to "Instructions for patching firmware versions 4.4.9344 and 4.4.9349"
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #34
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
BEWARE: There are two versions of the Mark 6 firmware: 4.4.9344 and 4.4.9349. DON'T sideload the 4.4.9344 version to the Aura One, it results in a black screen and requires a factory reset to fix.
Actually, it doesn't.

Yes, you get a black-on-black screen, but it still works OK otherwise. So if you connect your KA1 to your PC and poke around at the screen where the 'Connect' button is until your PC mounts it, you can then sideload the correct firmware.

Been there, done that
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:39 AM   #35
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Actually, it doesn't.

Yes, you get a black-on-black screen, but it still works OK otherwise. So if you connect your KA1 to your PC and poke around at the screen where the 'Connect' button is until your PC mounts it, you can then sideload the correct firmware.

Been there, done that
Thanks, I've edited the warning to point to your post.
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 06:22 AM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can update post one with the new firmware link for 4.4.9349.

Kobo Aura One: Mark 6 - http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.4.9349.zip
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #37
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

EDIT: Delete Patch...

Last edited by oren64; 05-19-2017 at 06:32 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The bad version that was cached seems to have finally left the cache and the good version is being downloaded.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:54 PM   #39
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Wish I had seen (or thought of ) trying the poke the screen solution. would have saved me some time. Still though not as bad as one might think.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-20-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #41
GeoffR
Wizard

I just realised that the patching instructions or script didn't allow for the fact that the filename of the Mark 6 firmware might be different. I've added this extra step to the instructions in post #1:

2a. Mark 6 only: If the downloaded filename was AuraONE_kobo-update-4.4.9349.zip, rename it to kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip.
Old 05-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #42
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
I just realised that the patching instructions or script didn't allow for the fact that the filename of the Mark 6 firmware might be different. I've added this extra step to the instructions in post #1:

2a. Mark 6 only: If the downloaded filename was AuraONE_kobo-update-4.4.9349.zip, rename it to kobo-update-4.4.9344.zip.
It appears to work with or without the AuraOne_ at the beginning of the zip file name. I tried it both ways and get the "everything is ok" message at the end of the script. Also my zip file is kobo-update-4.4.9349.zip not ...4.4.9344.zip, in any case I have installed the patches I usually install and they all seem to work fine.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 09:53 PM   #43
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
It appears to work with or without the AuraOne_ at the beginning of the zip file name. I tried it both ways and get the "everything is ok" message at the end of the script. Also my zip file is kobo-update-4.4.9349.zip not ...4.4.9344.zip, in any case I have installed the patches I usually install and they all seem to work fine.
Okay, it seems the Windows script doesn't care about the file name, but the Linux/Mac one does.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #44
pinopyta
pinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Oasis
Thank you very much everyone for all the detailed instructions. Followed the directions and succesfully patched my One to 4.4.9349! Now back to reading
pinopyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:39 AM   #45
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Do you Know something about this?
Code:
#redLEDLabel,
#greenLEDLabel,
#blueLEDLabel,
#whiteLEDLabel {
  padding-left: 0px;
}
#redSlider,
#greenSlider,
#blueSlider,
#whiteSlider {
  qproperty-decreaseDeselectedPixmap: url(:/images/light/brightness_control_down.png);
  qproperty-decreaseSelectedPixmap: url(:/images/light/brightness_control_down_hit.png);
  qproperty-increaseDeselectedPixmap: url(:/images/light/brightness_control_up.png);
  qproperty-increaseSelectedPixmap: url(:/images/light/brightness_control_up_hit.png);
}
Seen inside nickel.
Good luck!
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote