Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #3256
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Eh, every little bit helps .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 AM   #3257
glimm
glimm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Voyage
Thank you for the quick fix

Sorry, I wasn't able to help more. All the action took place, while I was sleeping.
Now everything is working again
glimm is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2018, 01:24 AM   #3258
linxu
linxu began at the beginning.

Device: KV, KOA2
I have the same problem after upgraded to 5.10.1.1 on my Kindle Voyage. Initially I thought I lost the jailbreak forever. Thanks God, the latest hotfix fixed the problem. Big thanks!!

However I found the KOReader cannot start automatically by clicking the PDF files. I have to manually start the kual and then start the KOReader. I wonder if I did something wrong.

BTW, I installed the MRInstaller , KPVBooklet from this link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

And the KOreader from
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...018.10.07-beta
linxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 03:23 AM   #3259
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Just a short remark: The current implementation is too intricate - the following shortened version in bridge.sh would do the same more strict version check for fw < 5.4, but still making sure that any two (or even more... ) digit sub version numbers will correctly be recognized as fw >= 5.4:

Spoiler:
Code:
case "${khver}" in
			5.0.* | 5.0 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.1.* | 5.1 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.2.* | 5.2 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;
			5.3.* | 5.3 )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="false"
			;;	
			5.* )
				K5_ATLEAST_54="true"
			;;
			* )
				# Given the previous checks, this shouldn't be reachable, but cover all bases anyway...
				logmsg "W" "check_version" "" "couldn't detect the kindle version!"
				# Poor man's last resort trick. See if we can find a new feature of FW 5.4 on the FS...
				if [ -f "${ROOT}/etc/upstart/contentpackd.conf" ] ; then
					logmsg "I" "check_version" "" "found a fw >= 5.4 feature"
					K5_ATLEAST_54="true"
				fi
			;;

Besides the above-mentioned remark, this fix is extremely helpful for those who believe that they MUST always run the very latest official firmware on their Kindle devices. Those, like me, who stick with the good old 5.8.11 fw, wouldn't run into this problem, but they should update their hotfix code anyway, just to make sure in the case the guys at Lab126 find a method to circumvent the OTA blocker dir trick in future...
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #3260
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Antinoos: that's because this bit of logic is shared by other bits which *do* need the full-range of check, and I keep them in sync to avoid making those kind of stupid issues even stupider .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2018, 06:36 AM   #3261
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
German:
Meine neu gekaufter paperwhite ist nach der seriennummer zu schließen ein pw3w, d.h. nach der Liste für kindle tool 1.6.5 geeignet. Er hatte bei Lieferung die firmware 5.9.7.
Ich habe die neue firmware 5.10.1.1 installiert. Ich hoffte, dass nun endlich die Silbentrennung funktinieren würde. Leider ist das nicht passiert.
Ich bin etwas verwirrt und weiß nicht, ob und wie ich den jailbreak bei meinem Gerät machen kann, um die Silbentrennung zu bekommen oder ggf. koreader zu installieren etc.
Vielleicht hat jemand es bei dem gleichen gerät geschafft, einen software jailbreak erfolgreich durchzuführen, damit endliche die Silbentrennung funktioniert.
Mir würde sehr sehr sehr helfen eine Schrift für Schritt Anleitung mit to do Liste. Wäre echt super, wenn das hier Leute mit mehr Erfahrung für mich und andere machen könnten.

English:
My newly purchased paperwhite is after the serial number a pw3w, i. according to the list for kindletool 1.6.5 suitable. He had on delivery the firmware 5.9.7.
I have the new firmware 5.10.1.1 installed. I hoped that finally the hyphenation would work. Unfortunately, that did not happen.
I'm a bit confused and do not know if and how I can jailbreak my device to get the hyphenation or if necessary install koreader etc.
Maybe someone on the same device managed to successfully run a software jailbreak for hyphenation to work.
A step by step guide with to do list would hellp me so much. Would be really great if this could make people here with more experience for me and others.

Last edited by famfam; 10-25-2018 at 06:37 AM. Reason: correction
famfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #3262
glimm

@famfam Only the KFX ebooks from the Amazon store support hyphenation. But you can hyphenate your ebook files (epub & azw3) yourself with Calibre and the "Hyphenate This!" plugin.

Here is a german tutorial: https://papierlos-lesen.de/silbentre...chalten-50705/

A jailbreak for this feature is not required.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #3263
famfam
Connoisseur
famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.famfam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

english:
@glimm

Thank you for your help. This works great for German, English, French. Unfortunately, the plugin with polish (downloaded here in the platform) has problems. Error message:
LookupError: unknown encoding: ...

Incidentally, since the firmware update from 5.9.7 to 5.10.1.1, the horizontal display no longer works. i.e. I can only read in vertical page presentation.
I have no idea whats the cause of this. Maybe I should go back to 5.9.7? It worked there.
How can I get back? Do I have to download the old firmware and then just install it over. Would that be so easy?

german:
@glimm

Danke für Deine Hilfe. Das funktioniert hervorragend für deutsch, englisch, französisch. Leider macht das plugin mit polnisch (hier in der Plattform) runtergeladen Probleme. Fehlermeldung:
LookupError: unknown encoding:

Übrigens seit dem Firmware update von 5.9.7 auf 5.10.1.1 funktioniert die horizontale Darstellung nicht mehr. d.h. ich kann nur noch in vertikaler Seitendarstellung lesen.
Keine Ahnung woran das liegt. Vielleicht sollte ich zurück zu 5.9.7. Da hat es funktioniert.
Wie komm ich aber zurück. Muß ich mir die alte Firmware runterladen und dann einfach drüberinstallieren. Würde das so einfach gehen?
Old 10-26-2018, 09:30 AM   #3264
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glimm View Post
But you can hyphenate your ebook files (epub & azw3) yourself with Calibre and the "Hyphenate This!" plugin.
This plugin is no longer needed, if you convert your books to KFX books with the Calibre KFX output plugin. (KFX books are pre-hyphenated.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by famfam View Post
Incidentally, since the firmware update from 5.9.7 to 5.10.1.1, the horizontal display no longer works. i.e. I can only read in vertical page presentation.
You've have most likely changed the default page orientation setting. Select Font & Page Settings from the PAGE DISPLAY menu then tap PAGE and change the orientation.

Quote:
Do I have to download the old firmware and then just install it over.
Unfortunately, you can no longer can downgrade the Kindle firmware without hardware modifications.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Landscape.png
Views:	320
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	167217  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #3265
glimm

@famfam Glad to help you
I can't help you with the encoding error, but I've seen, you already asked for help in the plugin thread.

@Doitsu Thank you for the hint for the KFX output plugin. I've had it installed a few month ago, but I decided to wait until Calibre can do the conversion without the need of the Previewer app and when the limitations decrease.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:44 AM   #3266
hakama
hakama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PP3
Is there a working jailbreak step by step guide for this model:
G090 G105...
Firm version : 5.9.6.1
hakama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:08 AM   #3267
famfam
Connoisseur

@hakama
I could not finde the link to that step by step tutorial for jailbreak pw3w (paperwhite 3 wifi). Could you find me the link to that thread? Thanks.

As I understand the jailbreak is not nessesary for all kobos to install koreader.
And for the kindle paperwhite I am not sure, but I think its the same.
The next question for me is than, what about the sense ob jailbreaking für kindle paperwhite 3 wifi und whats about the jailbreaking of kobo devices.
I have until now:
kobo touch n905 (its not version 2.0 but 1.0 (n905)
kobo clara hd
kindle papwerwhite wifi (pw3w)

A lot of stuff to do.
But: con algo hay que empezar
(you have to start with whatsoever)
Old 10-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #3268
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakama View Post
Is there a working jailbreak step by step guide for this model:
G090 G105...
Firm version : 5.9.6.1
Neither guide nor working software jailbreak.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:15 AM   #3269
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
... und whats about the jailbreaking of kobo devices.
Not really sure what you are asking here. No existing Kobo is "locked", therefore no jailbreaking is required.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:46 AM   #3270
tminer
tminer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi, i have a kindle PW3-32 (G090 LL01) with firmware fw-5.8.7.0.1 at the 3rd step which initial factory firmware image should i download?
tminer is offline   Reply With Quote