Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-09-2018, 03:20 AM   #8086
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I wish Fox21 luck. How many seasons are planned? How to split up a book, and how many books in each season. The big problem is going to be where to put the episode breaks. Realistically one book per season is going to make it waaay too long for television. A film series based on an already planned out gigantic book series. Supernatural runs for 13 seasons, maybe adds 14. Bones was done after 12 seasons. And those two are exceptionally long running shows that had a underlying story arc. Now they want an even bigger one with Dresden Files? I don't know, like I said, I wish them luck but won't hold my breath.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #8087
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I wish Fox21 luck. How many seasons are planned? How to split up a book, and how many books in each season. The big problem is going to be where to put the episode breaks. Realistically one book per season is going to make it waaay too long for television. A film series based on an already planned out gigantic book series. Supernatural runs for 13 seasons, maybe adds 14. Bones was done after 12 seasons. And those two are exceptionally long running shows that had a underlying story arc. Now they want an even bigger one with Dresden Files? I don't know, like I said, I wish them luck but won't hold my breath.
The Bosch approach has worked well - do some creative rewriting incorporating plot lines from 2 or 3 books, I believe with Connelly's close involvement. Once the series has established itself, cut to 1 book per season (Angels Flight).

The first Dresden Files failed despite a decent cast and decent writing that incorporated some book plot lines and characters. Too episodic by today's standards but understandable in 2007. Maybe it was just too soon - with today's much larger fan base it might have gotten enough traction to go on...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #8088
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
The Bosch approach has worked well - do some creative rewriting incorporating plot lines from 2 or 3 books, I believe with Connelly's close involvement. Once the series has established itself, cut to 1 book per season (Angels Flight).

The first Dresden Files failed despite a decent cast and decent writing that incorporated some book plot lines and characters. Too episodic by today's standards but understandable in 2007. Maybe it was just too soon - with today's much larger fan base it might have gotten enough traction to go on...
My main worry is that they get Butcher involved in editing or writing scripts which slows down the release of the future books even more as he gets busier.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #8089
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool The Dresden Files Fantasy Novels Optioned By Fox21 TV Studios For Series Development

Quote:

, but Fox is not Prime.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-10-2018 at 06:53 PM.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:24 PM   #8090
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
, but Fox is not Prime.

True, and I have plenty of doubts, but having been through it before I would hope Butcher would demand and get what it takes to make it work...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #8091
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files Fantasy Novels Optioned By Fox21 TV Studios For Series Development

Quote:
True, and I have plenty of doubts, but having been through it before I would hope Butcher would demand and get what it takes to make it work...

Last edited by alansplace; 10-10-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:46 PM   #8092
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As long as it doesn't turn into a Game of Thrones disaster where the books are frozen until the tv show is done ....
Old 10-10-2018, 11:54 PM   #8093
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
As long as it doesn't turn into a Game of Thrones disaster where the books are frozen until the tv show is done ....

Old 10-11-2018, 11:15 PM   #8094
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Fox 21 Television Studios

Fox 21 Television Studios

10201 W. Pico Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90064

Chris Alexander
SVP, Corporate Communications
Phone: (310) 369-2733
Email: chris.alexander@fox.com

Fox 21 Television Studios is a production company housed within 20th Century Fox Television devoted to making creatively ambitious scripted series for cable networks and streaming providers. Fox 21 TVS is responsible for the Emmy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning “Homeland”; the critically acclaimed “The Americans” (with FX Productions); and Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson’s sensation “The People V. OJ Simpson” which kicked off the “American Crime Story” anthology. Upcoming cable and streaming series include, “Chance” from Kem Nunn, Alexandra Cunningham, Lenny Abrahamson, Michael London, and Brian Grazer, “Genius” (with Imagine, OddLot Entertainment and EUE/Sokolow) from Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Francie Calfo, Gigi Prtizker, Rachel Shane, Sam Sokolow, Jeff Cooney and Noah Pink, and Ryan Murphy’s latest anthology, “Feud,” starring Oscar winners Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon.

Last edited by alansplace; 10-11-2018 at 11:27 PM. Reason: fix logo
Old 10-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #8095
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Same!

Hi all!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #8096
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices

Nyssa!

Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #8097
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would go for two books per season. That would work well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #8098
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Same!

Hi all!

Old 10-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #8099
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
And Now For Something Completely Different

I am currently reading Furies of Calderon; Book One of the Codex Alera.

I like it. It feels like a G-rated Game of Thrones (although I've neither read the books nor watch more than a few episodes of the show).

At almost halfway through the book, I still have no idea where the story is heading, but I'm enjoying the ride.

I can't remember the last time I disliked a set of characters as much as I dislike Kord and his kin.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:00 PM   #8100
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I am currently reading Furies of Calderon; Book One of the Codex Alera.

I like it. It feels like a G-rated Game of Thrones (although I've neither read the books nor watch more than a few episodes of the show).

At almost halfway through the book, I still have no idea where the story is heading, but I'm enjoying the ride.

I can't remember the last time I disliked a set of characters as much as I dislike Kord and his kin.
Good for you. You are supposed to be left in the dark. It is part of the attraction of the series. There is plenty blood and gore in the series, but not necessarily too disgusting. Cannot compare to GoT as I neither read nor watched any of it. In Alera the interesting part is not so much the blood and gore, but the relationships, fear, and suspension. And politics, but not too boring.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy