Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #211
RoBoKoP
Enthusiast
RoBoKoP began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFattie View Post
Crashes after logo(turns off)…it looked so good!
same here
RoBoKoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #212
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFattie View Post
Crashes after logo(turns off)…it looked so good!
Thanks for checking.

On the KT-2, SkipStone has a problem with the keyboard over-laying the input field.

And this one will not run.

= = = =

Sounds like we need to work on an alternate browser for people who want one (or want to stay on 5.6.5 since we revealed how to exploit it).

I am sure that I saw mentions that other people had installed Skipstone, but I don't recall them reporting if it worked trouble free.

= = = =

All three browsers are "webkit" based browsers -
But since we are not bound by corporate restrictions, we can build with a 'fixed' version of webkit-gtk, unlike Amazon/Lab126.

Last edited by knc1; 02-10-2016 at 12:06 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #213
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I had the same issues with Midori. I assume it must have worked for twobob, but it ran like a slug for me.

(He says it was tested and works on the Touch???)

Anyway, I've been happy with Skipstone, I just remember to scroll before opening the keyboard.
Occasionally it crashes the framework on very complex websites, or just after using it too much, but I'm not sure if there is a solution to that regardless.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #214
TheFattie
Connoisseur
TheFattie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
The only thing I don't like about Skipstone is the keyboard, and possibly the old UI(which can probably be changed by editing the files). Also, clearing history doesn't actually work, as you can use a dropdown to see everything. Oh, and article mode.

Aside, I'm fairly okay with the built-in browser, but it lacks Skipstone's features, and vice versa.

I really wish Midori worked
TheFattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #215
Gabbb
Enthusiast
Gabbb began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Thanks for checking.

On the KT-2, SkipStone has a problem with the keyboard over-laying the input field.

And this one will not run.

= = = =

Sounds like we need to work on an alternate browser for people who want one (or want to stay on 5.6.5 since we revealed how to exploit it).

I am sure that I saw mentions that other people had installed Skipstone, but I don't recall them reporting if it worked trouble free.

= = = =

All three browsers are "webkit" based browsers -
But since we are not bound by corporate restrictions, we can build with a 'fixed' version of webkit-gtk, unlike Amazon/Lab126.
I have Skipstone on 5.7 & it works pretty well.

Issues I've noticed: (no change since when I tried it on 5.6)
-kinetic scrolling is 1 pixel / big scrolling gesture (using the scrollbar on the right side is fast)
-Reddit has crazy weird font issues
-Typing into the address bar is very clunky, because there is no way to delete the previous http adress in a speedy manner. (aka you have to spam backspace)
Gabbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #216
mrHedgehog
Member Retired
mrHedgehog began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 32GB Wi-Fi
Is there still a way to download this? I would love to try an alternative to skipstone as it crashes quite frequently for me. Thanks!
mrHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 07:44 PM   #217
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@mrHedgehog
That's the version I still have for Kindle Touch: midori055.zip
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #218
mrHedgehog
Member Retired
mrHedgehog began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 32GB Wi-Fi
Thanks!
mrHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 06:54 PM   #219
BackseatRider
BackseatRider began at the beginning.

Device: KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@mrHedgehog
Bro, u made my day <3
BackseatRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 12:57 AM   #220
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@BackseatRider
You are welcome
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:34 PM   #221
Kinki
Member Retired
Kinki has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PW4
Lightbulb Paperwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@mrHedgehog
Will this support PW4?
Kinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 06:53 AM   #222
cdhigh
Enthusiast
cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: KINDLE 3
Does anyone have an archive? ALL links are dead.
cdhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 07:37 AM   #223
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdhigh View Post
Does anyone have an archive? ALL links are dead.
@cdhigh I PMed you. It was too big to attach here.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2023, 09:05 AM   #224
cdhigh
Enthusiast
cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.cdhigh makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: KINDLE 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Downloaded, Thinks!
cdhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:00 AM   #225
k10
k10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Hi, could I have a download link too? Would really appreciate it.
k10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, extensions, kindle, kual, launcher add-ons, midori