Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #46
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Moving the setZoomFactor to the loadProgress slot allowed me to shrink the needed delay down to 30ms and still consistently see the syncing work.

So it helps but we still need the delay.

Pushed this to master since it is an improvement.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:30 PM   #47
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Verified that the fix is working (at 30ms) on my overpowered Linux machine as well as my under-provisioned Windows 10 VM. Let's hope this is sufficient!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:42 PM   #48
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew! That is good to know as we were rapidly running out of options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Verified that the fix is working (at 30ms) on my overpowered Linux machine as well as my under-provisioned Windows 10 VM. Let's hope this is sufficient!
Old 08-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #49
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That's Qt5.15.2 on my Arch Linux machine, by the way. I confirmed the bug still existed before testing the fix. So it's clearly a long-standing problem.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:21 AM   #50
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It depends on the length of the file and where you are IN it as well. If the edits you're making are close enough to the top (or bottom) of a relatively small file, it's possible for the recent edit to still remain visible in the Preview Window even after the incorrect sync attempt. Try a good long xhtml file and scroll to the middle of it and see if that makes a difference.

I can see in the original images you posted that you're scrolled nearly to the bottom of the Preview Window. And that although the sync is still being botched after your edit, it's just not moving the needle enough to make a huge difference.
I have to admit I was using the test epub as supplied by Turtle. I will try the same process with a longer file to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyEbook View Post
@Ashjuk: So how did you take your screenshots when we see Zoom 80% there? This can only be seen after clicking in the Preview window.
If you click on the Preview window, Code View synchronization will occur, and the problem we are discussing is Code View reverse synchronization -> Preview Window.

If you really have Code View 100% and Preview 80% then click on the red paragraph in the Code View and in the Preview window it will not be in the center, but a little above the center.
You are right, the edit point is a little above centre having inserted some text.

It seems I am getting confused because I was using the test epub which has relatively short files so the edit point does not move off screen.

Anyway you all appear to have fixed the bug so you should probably just ignore my ramblings.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #51
KevinH
Sigil Developer

It is a timing thing so on some systems a delay of 0 (what Sigil 1.7 ships with) may actually work. On my system, that only works when zoom is 100%.

We could in fact use the current zoom value to decide how long or even if to delay. I will look into that.

Thanks for testing and reporting back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
I have to admit I was using the test epub as supplied by Turtle. I will try the same process with a longer file to see what happens.

You are right, the edit point is a little above centre having inserted some text.

It seems I am getting confused because I was using the test epub which has relatively short files so the edit point does not move off screen.

Anyway you all appear to have fixed the bug so you should probably just ignore my ramblings.
Old 08-03-2021, 11:01 PM   #52
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Sorry it took a little bit to get back to you. I can confirm that switching the preview zoom to 100% fixed my issues.
yes, I know.... I'm always a little late to the party

Thanks Becky! And thanks to Kevin & Diap for looking into this!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote