Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2020, 11:24 AM   #1
koboxy
koboxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Unhappy "Please handle your update files!" error with KSM09

Hello everyone.

I just installed KSM09 to my Forma and it's been stuck on "Please handle your update files!" and won't allow me to do anything. If I pinch the screen it shows the zoom out, close, and zoom in buttons, but no response when tapped.

When I manually reset the device it goes back to the main menu and says "usbnet ip: not enabled" and "wifi ip: was not available" and shows all the normal main menu options. When I try to tap any of them, they get highlighted but shortly after it just goes back to the same error screen.

I can't get it to connect to my computer anymore and it won't open Nickel. Tried connecting to a Mac and PC.

Can anyone help save my Forma? I just got this and I'm worried I won't be able to return it for replacement like this

Please help! Thanks in advance~!
koboxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Have you tried a manual factory reset?
  • connect your Forma to a computer/charger for at least 1 hour.
  • Press and hold the power button. If you don't see any message on the screen, hold it for ~30 seconds.
  • Press and hold a page turn button (doesn't matter which one).
  • While continuing to hold the page turn button, press and hold the power button.
  • Wait until you see the resetting message on screen (up to 40 seconds) and then you can release the page turn and power button.
  • Set your Forma up either over WiFi or using the Kobo Desktop Edition on your computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:57 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One suggestion once you have your Forma running again, you might want to try the One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato instead of using KSM.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-21-2020 at 12:00 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
KSM is dead, Don't use it.

Anyway, did you try turning off the Forma by pressing the power button until it turns off?

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-21-2020 at 03:15 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
koboxy
koboxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
The manual factory reset FINALLY worked this time. I had been retrying it many many many times. Thanks again!! I am not using KSM anymore. Going to try the other options!
koboxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, forma