Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Create and Manage Series in KDP

KDP has an announcement: Create and Manage Series with Kindle Direct Publishing

Quote:
You can now publish and update eBook and Paperback series detail pages automatically through KDP. With the launch of series in KDP, you can:
  • Create a new series: For any titles in your KDP account, create an ordered or unordered series to help readers on Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de find all the books in your series on a single page.
  • View and organize your series: Navigate from a series title on your Bookshelf to view and manage books in your series. Review series details and titles to ensure the information is up-to-date for readers
  • Edit an existing series to control how it appears to readers: Adjust description. In addition, add, remove, re-order or change whether your titles are main or related content.
Possibly related, I have seen indications that Amazon is working on a new unreleased feature called "recaps".
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
KDP has an announcement: Create and Manage Series with Kindle Direct Publishing

Possibly related, I have seen indications that Amazon is working on a new unreleased feature called "recaps".
Well, that shall be interesting.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'm underwhelmed.

I create and manage content with wordprocessor files and image files and the directory structure.

I manage metadata etc with a spreadsheet, KATE sessions of pure text files and Calibre.

Amazon is only one of many Retailers. My spreadsheet has the first date, last update, publish ID etc of each Retailer that has an Upload destination for each format. It also has current status of every work, last update date, word count, series, tags, genres, cover source and what checks have been done.
I really should use a custom database, but currently the spreadsheet is fine.
Everything is backed up on different things.
The actual files have version numbers in the filename and actually in the Frontmatter.

I simply upload files from the suitable directories for content and cover, and copy paste all the Retailer Meta data from either the Spreadsheet or a section of the Master Blurb file.
Also there is paper and audio as well as ebooks.

Last edited by Quoth; 11-05-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote