Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
Kristinaj7
Kristinaj7 began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ 7
Question about ebook reader programs

I have one question, I was looking at the ebook reader programs under the "sticky" label on this discussion thread, it mentions mobipocket book, ereader, and I can not remember the other one but I would like to know if someone can tell me how I go about installing them on my device. I have a SmartQ 7 and am very new to this and quite a bit of the information is above my head, and I can not find information on installing these apps on my device. I do not know if I can go to the link from my device or if I have to download it to the SD card and download from there, do I have to unzip the file, is there some code to put in, like I said so over my head so any help would be appreciated. Thanks -Kristina
Kristinaj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
krovak
krovak began at the beginning.

in ubuntu there is fbreader, which is quite usable :-) to find some other you should also try other forums such as http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/index.php
to install application in ubuntu run 'evilvte' and use apt-get, for example sudo apt-get install comix
in wince you usually download .cab file and "run" it
krovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #3
Kristinaj7
Kristinaj7 began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krovak View Post
in ubuntu there is fbreader, which is quite usable :-) to find some other you should also try other forums such as http://www.smartqmid.com/phpBB3/index.php
to install application in ubuntu run 'evilvte' and use apt-get, for example sudo apt-get install comix
in wince you usually download .cab file and "run" it

Thank you very much for the info on how to load it, I really appreciate it. I do have another question that you could possibly help me with, I am very new to this device so I really do not know how to do anything. I know it has the ebook reader but I don't know how to put books on it, or any sites that might sell books in a format that can be read on my device. I posted this qestion in another thread but have not gotten any help on the subject. Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated.
-Kristina
Kristinaj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
sandgrownun
sandgrownun began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon Wisereader 516
Before you start buying e-books why don't you have a look at some of the freebies available at sites such as project gutenberg.

http://www.gutenberg.org/
sandgrownun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
downloading, ebook programs