Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Chicavq
Chicavq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Books disappeared from Kindle

Hi all,
Hope someone can offer an input because I am at my wits' end here. Apparently almost all my ebooks disappeared from my Kindle. When I connect with Calibre, it DOES says that the books ARE on my device, and in the finder in my MacBook when I click on the Kindle I can see that the books are there but they simply do not show up in the Kindle... Any thoughts?
Chicavq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Have you got the latest update? To show downloaded books you have to select Downloaded in the library, not the ones in the cloud.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Set the selectors on the library page to "Downloaded" and "All Items", respectively.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:39 PM   #4
Chicavq
Chicavq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Red face Oh!

I feel really, really stupid right now
But thank you both so much!!
Chicavq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
No, no, no - don't feel stupid. That one bites most of us, at the beginning!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #6
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
No, no, no - don't feel stupid. That one bites most of us, at the beginning!
Yep, exact same issue for me until I figured it out.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #7
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Not one of Amazon's best "improvements" hahahaha
Nevertheless, one of the goals of forums like this is to share information and help each other, so don't feel that way!
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:18 PM   #8
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Amazon Kindle 3, Kindle Voyage
Hi,

Over night all my .mobi books disappeared (including the one I was reading), no update has been made as I usually have it in airplane mode and no point in syncing an local book on my device.
All the books are where they should be when connected to the computer.
I'm at loss... Any quick solution ?
Tried all the above.

Kindle Voyage (UK 3G)

Peter
wolw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolw View Post
Hi,

Over night all my .mobi books disappeared (including the one I was reading), no update has been made as I usually have it in airplane mode and no point in syncing an local book on my device.
All the books are where they should be when connected to the computer.
I'm at loss... Any quick solution ?
Tried all the above.

Kindle Voyage (UK 3G)

Peter
Make sure you are on Downloaded and all.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #10
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-
wolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheesewolw can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Make sure you are on Downloaded and all.
As I wrote, I tried all the above.

While fuming as I wanted to continue on the book I was reading, I renamed the folder (added a letter) containing the books of the author. And voilà, the 18 books from that author was back, the book I was reading even opened on the page I was on.
Returning the folder to the original name (without added letter) the book(s) was still there, still opening on the correct page.

Just weird

I guess I'll have to rename all folders and then return them back to the original name.

At least I can continue reading, bummer not having your book while eating lunch.

Cheers,

Peter
Old 08-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #11
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolw View Post
As I wrote, I tried all the above.

While fuming as I wanted to continue on the book I was reading, I renamed the folder (added a letter) containing the books of the author. And voilà, the 18 books from that author was back, the book I was reading even opened on the page I was on.
Returning the folder to the original name (without added letter) the book(s) was still there, still opening on the correct page.

Just weird

I guess I'll have to rename all folders and then return them back to the original name.

At least I can continue reading, bummer not having your book while eating lunch.

Cheers,

Peter
That is weird but glad you got it working.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #12
DutchieHfx
DutchieHfx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
I hope that this thread is still active and people still pay attention, because I can't figure this out:

I have a 2015 Kindle Paperwhite (don't read on tablet or phone), where I have accumulated well over a thousand books.
Storage Management tells me I've used up 2.84 GB, free: 351 MB.
My homepage lists 47 books, under "ALL" & "DOWNLOADED ".
I did a hard reset, which made no difference.

How can I get my books back?

Last edited by DutchieHfx; 03-04-2018 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Left out info
DutchieHfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:25 AM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
How are u counting the books? IF you have a Box Set of 10 eBooks its Counted as 1 ebook. Same as large volume 700 page book tales up the adv space of 3 books....it too is counted as 1.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:05 AM   #14
wolw
-= Balsa flies better =-

Are the book "physically" there ? i.e. you can see them when you are connected to a computer via USB cable but not on the Kindle ?

Peter
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 AM   #15
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
How can you see it on the kindle and not see it at the same time?

When I side load books they download automatically Inthink.... I don’t use caliber tho I just drag and drop
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote