Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #511
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Dan Brown books are Goosebumps for adults.

I can't cast too many stones at Dan Brown fans though, having bought a read two of his books.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #512
Fehmarn
Enthusiast
Fehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litterFehmarn doesn't litter

Device: Aura H2O (Glo stolen, PRS-T1 given away, K-touch kaputt) & iPads
Quote:
Originally Posted by ametzler View Post
American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. It is not a bad book at all, however I wish I had not read it. Some of the brutality stayed much too long with me. For quite some time after finishing my thoughts accidentally stumbled there and I had to force myself to think about something else.
I wholeheartedly agree - violence for its own sake, neither serving a purpose nor adding to the story. Very self-indulgent stuff. As is the tripe produced by the insufferable Christian Kracht, who styled some of his writings, notably Fazerland, after Mr. Ellis' junk prose.
Fehmarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #513
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ametzler View Post
S M Stirling's Emberverse II series. (The Sunrise Lands et al.) Endless walking/running and eating. Plus some talking about the benefits of frugal life. The author surely is paid by line. According to Wikipedia the series is now planned for 6 novels! Stirling has gone from guilty-pleasure-SF to boring-as-hell-fantasy.
And, tree descriptions! Every. Single. Tree. LOL That was actually Emberverse I. I'm midway through Emberverse II and I'll probably go ahead and finish. It's fluffy and formulaic, but not the worst thing I've ever read. I'm itching to start something meatier, though.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #514
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
Dan Brown books are Goosebumps for adults.

I can't cast too many stones at Dan Brown fans though, having bought a read two of his books.
I didn't care for Dan Brown but he looks much better when you consider the flood of imitations that were published after his success
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #515
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just used some of my ancient FictionWise credit by buying a bundle of the first 16 "Gor" books. I imagine they'd probably feature pretty highly in many people's "Worst Books" list.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert