Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindle Books Updates Not Always Showing Up

Has anyone else here in the last month noticed that we are no longer getting notify for updates on Kindle books we have purchased? They are not even listed under Updates Available on my MYK page either.

This is fourth time in two weeks I had to contact customer support to do it for me again.

The first Rep. I talk to couldn't even find the books to update them. The publisher had changed the title and even though the new name was on my archive items and order details pages she still saw the old names on her end. I had to give them the order numbers so they could update them to the latest version. It took two different Reps. to get this done.

Amazon really needs to come up with a better system or fix their current one. I hate having to bug them each time a book is updated and I only find out by the Publisher or Author about it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I got one update yesterday and it was the first one I got. Could it be that there aren't any updates for the books you purchased?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I got an update notice email on May 2nd. It was one of the very few I've ever received.
I assume it's as Gazella says, there just are not many updates.

On the other hand, speaking of Amazon glitches, I sent as personal mobi document to my Kindle address yesterday, and immediately got two emails back: the first saying that there was no attachment in my email so nothing was done, and the second saying that my document was received and is available on my Kindle. Nobody's perfect.

Last edited by ApK; 05-15-2013 at 09:52 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
I got one update yesterday and it was the first one I got. Could it be that there aren't any updates for the books you purchased?
That's just it the books were updated I never got any notice. One book had a missing chapter and the author fixed it. I waited a week before having to contact Kindle support to get the new version. The other books were totally redone. New cover, title and reformatted by the publisher. There was no updates for them either and once again I had to get Kindle support to update them for me.

I am getting some updates on my MYK page just not all.

@Apk
Are you using Gmail? I have been having a fits with it lately to send anything to my Kindle. I have to use Send To Kindle to get anything uploaded to my Pdoc cloud.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
@Apk
Are you using Gmail? I have been having a fits with it lately to send anything to my Kindle. I have to use Send To Kindle to get anything uploaded to my Pdoc cloud.
I am, yes. Though weird that gmail could be the cause of it both working and not working at the same time....like Schrodinger's cat....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Books Updates Not Always Showing Up

Wait, I never got an update notice email. I saw the update while going through my Kindle books in 'Manage Your Kindle'. I wouldn't have known there was an update otherwise.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Wait, I never got an update notice email. I saw the update while going through my Kindle books in 'Manage Your Kindle'. I wouldn't have known there was an update otherwise.
I didn't get an email either and I have 2 books that were updated on my device yesterday when I connected to wi-fi.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
That's how I normally do it but the books weren't listed there in Available for updates. They had the new names and cover but when downloaded it was still the old version.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I didn't get an email either and I have 2 books that were updated on my device yesterday when I connected to wi-fi.
It's suppose to be optional so you don't lose your notes, bookmark and highlights.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Gazella
Wizard

Quote:
One book had a missing chapter and the author fixed it. I waited a week before having to contact Kindle support to get the new version. The other books were totally redone. New cover, title and reformatted by the publisher.
How do you know what the update fixes?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
How do you know what the update fixes?
You can look at the Kindle Preview on the book details page or two get the details from the publisher or author. Most announce it on Facebook, twitter or their blog.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are these authors perhaps not following the proper procedure for updating a previously published book? IIRC there is something they have to do when uploading the new version.

If not then it is a bit troubling.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Are these authors perhaps not following the proper procedure for updating a previously published book? IIRC there is something they have to do when uploading the new version.

If not then it is a bit troubling.
I have no clue there. All I know is usually the updates show on the MYK page but now it seems they are not. The Kindle Rep Talk to was clueless on why though.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I have no clue there. All I know is usually the updates show on the MYK page but now it seems they are not. The Kindle Rep Talk to was clueless on why though.
I'm not sure either, just trying to think of why it might be happening. I generally would have no idea if a book had been updated or not, except under certain circumstances, unless Amazon told me about it (or my MYK page did). My MYK page currently shows I have 20 books with updates available, guess I should get those done.

On a side note I was puzzled when I looked at MYK and saw I had a large number of pending deliveries. Somehow the system has 30 pending deliveries for my Kindle 2, which I haven't used in a loooong time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
On a side note I was puzzled when I looked at MYK and saw I had a large number of pending deliveries. Somehow the system has 30 pending deliveries for my Kindle 2, which I haven't used in a loooong time.
Had the same thing happen to me. Seems all my purchases since mothballing my K2 were pending delivery to that same mothballed K2. I fired up the K2, turned on the wireless and all those pending deliveries went away. Strangely enough, though... nothing new was ever actually downloaded to the K2 (other than all those recent purchases being added to the K2's archive). Weirdness.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote