Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
MrLuvvaLuvva
MrLuvvaLuvva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Problems with Sony reader library and lrfs

I recently upgraded to the sony reader library and now when I add to my prs-505 all my books lose their formatting meaning the reader will format them. Which has never happened before in lrf format, this formatting will 6/10 times cos my prs to hang and be inoperable for upto 3 hours any hints on how to get reader library to preformat my books again?

This doesn happen with epub format but I'm not a fan of how that looks lol although push comes to shove I will convert my library
MrLuvvaLuvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Hello and welcome to Mobileread

The problem you mentioned has been discussed before in this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65478
Unfortunately, only possible solutions seem to be (1) use the older version of ebook Library program or (2) convert books to epub.
If you buy books with Sony Reader Library program, then probably, (2) may make more sense.
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
MrLuvvaLuvva
MrLuvvaLuvva began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the reply, it's well appreciated! Think I may just install the old library software as my library would take an age to convert lol
MrLuvvaLuvva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
soilwork
useR!
soilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enoughsoilwork will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2, Kobo Libra H2O, iRiver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLuvvaLuvva View Post
Thanks for the reply, it's well appreciated! Think I may just install the old library software as my library would take an age to convert lol
If you decide to use the old program, my post in the thread may be of help.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=28
I had to delete & reinstall several times to make the older version work.

Good luck!
soilwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But if you install eBook Library instead of Reader Library, you will lose your access to Sony's eBookstore. Besides, the time has come to move on and go ePub.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #6
mkp
mkp began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would like to point out that Sony Reader has always given me some problems or the other. The main problem has always been with formatting. Sometimes the screen fades suddenly and a blank spot comes in the middle. It also gave me issues with battery credentials as well. I can say that I have not been able to gather any sort of satisfaction by using it. I think I seriously made a mistake by purchasing it. I would advise my fellow bloggers to think twice before going for it.

Last edited by mkp; 11-02-2010 at 11:57 AM.
mkp is offline   Reply With Quote