Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Help - Kindle DXG Suddely Stopped Working

Help! It suddenly stopped working!

Description:

A few weeks ago, downloaded a few book using Calibre. A few days ago got some sample chapters from Amazon. Two days ago bought a few books from Amazon.

Today I charged my KDX fully through the wall socket and disconnected it. Wanting to save on the battery, I turned the wireless off.

From a book's page menu I tried to see all highlights (I believe this was after I've turned the wireless off - silly of me). From that moment on, I get the following:

After turning the power on, a top strip of the screen still displays the screen saver (i.e. the screen is not fully refreshed).

Can display the menu and navigate to menu entries. However, once I click a menu entry the menu flashes and disappears and nothing happens. Consequently, can't turn the wireless on again.

Clicking any kind of content (i.e. book name, or "My Clippings" or "Welcome Avi" causes the item to become highlighted. However, nothing happens. The only way to get out of this is to press the back key.

Help!
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Whew!

Reset helped

I was really shaken there!
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
never mind.....you fixed it!

Last edited by desertgrandma; 09-20-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: problem fixed!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote