Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
psheu
psheu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Increase PRS 505 connection to a single computer

Hello everyone,

I have 7 Sony PRS 505 units. I need it to connect to a single computer that house my library. According to Sony, one can only connect 5 units to any computer. My question is: what can I do to connect all 7 units to 1 computer? Do I need to deDRM the BBeB or lrx files in order to do that? the 7 units are all legally purchased and need to connect to 1 computer instead of 2. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
PS
psheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Question WHY?

Just out of interest - why do you have 7 PRS-505's?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by psheu View Post
Hello everyone,

I have 7 Sony PRS 505 units. I need it to connect to a single computer that house my library. According to Sony, one can only connect 5 units to any computer. My question is: what can I do to connect all 7 units to 1 computer? Do I need to deDRM the BBeB or lrx files in order to do that? the 7 units are all legally purchased and need to connect to 1 computer instead of 2. Thank you for your input.

Sincerely,
PS
You can have six devices authorized with Sony for any one account. One of the six devices has to be a computer. So that makes a grand total of five Readers per account. You cannot have the other two authorized to the same account. As of now, LRX has not had the DRM removed. But if you can strip the DRM from Mobipocket, ePub, or MS Reader, you can purchase in one of those formats and directly read the ePub or convert the Mobipocket or MS Reader using Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
psheu
psheu began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
is there a reason why the lrx still haven't been deDRM? How come most of the other format have been deDRM except Sony's?
psheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:59 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Not enough interest.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert