Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
pippo
pippo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Software update question

Hi,
I've just bought a PRS-505 in UK. The software does not detect any updates when checking online, which I think is because I'm using Windows 7.

I've seen that there's a software and firmware update available to download from Sony US web site, but it states that is only for US and Canada products

My question is: can I update firmware and software downloaded from US site even if my PRS-505 was bought in UK?

thanks in advance,
Pippo
pippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What version is it running now. IIRC the UK, and other non-N. American, Readers all shipped with the latest firmware already installed.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
pippo

The eBook Library (aka, the Windows software) is 2.3 (2.3.00.05290)
The firmware of the reader is the 1.2, which I've just realized is the latest. I was feared of updating the firmware. I'm gonna update the software.

BTW, I'm almost sure the reason why the eBook Library does not detect the software update is because I'm running Windows 7 beta
Old 03-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
pippo

eBook Library 2.5 setup states:
"The version of eBook Library by Sony is not supported in your region. Setup cannot continue"
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Your reader is up to date with version 1.2 which is the most recent update for the UK. You do not need to update it.

Are you using the UK or US version of the ebook library?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #6
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Some further thoughts...

If your ebook library software takes you to Waterstones, you have the UK version and you will not be able to update from the US site. I don't think there has been an update for the UK software.

If you want to access the US store for the free books, you can try downloading the US version and running both side by side. You won't be able to buy books without a US credit card and address however.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote