Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes. Mobipocket dictionaries can be both "same language" or "translation" dictionaries. Devices like the CyBook Gen3 support Mobi dictionaries. I have the Mobi version of the "Unabridged Chambers Dictionary" on mine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 05:43 AM   #32
rainbowworrier
Frazzled
rainbowworrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 603
Quote:
we now have the choice of bebook (£229)
I paid £175 for my Hanlin V3 via Pixelar (they now sell them on UK eBay) and it came with a hard case, soft case, cable, little screwdriver and little light. I love it!

Although the firmware could do with some fine tuning, it's brilliant for dealing with all different formats and all different languages. As I come by my reading from all sorts of places (web sites, RSS feeds, electronic text books, e-mails from penfriends etc) it's brilliant. It's only PDFs that have been a nuisance so far, if they are formatted for A4 paper. Then I convert them to text. All the other formats have been fine.

I can also download mp3 audiobooks and listen to them on my "book". Presumably I can listen to an audio book while reading the text version (helpful because I'm a poor reader in Russian) but I haven't figured it out yet.

The reader, being the size of a DVD box, fits into large pockets and the 6" screen is easy to read. Replaceable battery and lots of scope for fiddling.

I also found the Pixelar people to be friendly and easy to deal with.
rainbowworrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrake View Post
Fair enough, Harry. Consider me newly educated about stone walls and jousting.

But do any of these devices support cross-language dictionaries? Because that would get me excited.
The Ectaco Jetbook supports definition and translation dictionaries. Although I think you are stuck with what is shipped with it. Ectaco is a big electronic translator manufacturer.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote