Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Buying from kobo store

If this question belongs in another part of the forum, please excuse me.
I'm having trouble using the kobo store to use advanced searches. For example I know there are dutch books, but how can I filter on language or even better on language sorted by price ascending etc.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I've had some luck by adding ?fclanguages=nl to the end of the URL for items like categories.

Basically I went to http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebooks/categories, selected a category and then appended ?fclanguages=nl to the URL

So Drama for instance, went from http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/Cat...nES74tI3MdOaDg to http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/Cat...fclanguages=nl
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 AM   #3
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Thanks, interesting tip. It gives me the same results as choosing Nederlands from the top menu (there's a pull down named "English" which allows you to switch language).

So, I tried this but it gives me dutch AND french books. This also happens with Google play for books. Belgium is dutch and french speaking, but I can assure you that nobody in Belgium is impressed with getting both languages in one big mix .. we either speak and read dutch OR french.
I wonder what goes through Kobo and Google's mind doing this.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:08 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
If you're searching from your computer, you can click on "go" without writing anything in the search field. Then on the left, you can select a language. And after that, you can browse by categories.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:25 AM   #5
svda
Connoisseur

I only have a choice to select the language on the top of the web page and that gives me french AND dutch books. It's only the store language interface but it does not filter on language of books. If I choose Italian, I get Italian cathegories, but still dutch AND french books. On the left there is no option to choose a language. I guess Kobo and Google use cookies to determine whether we are from Belgium.

These are the only filters :

Manieren om te ontdekken
Bestsellers
Price: Low to High
Rating
Title: A-Z
Title: Z-A
Date: Newest to Oldest
Date: Oldest to Newest

Last edited by svda; 07-30-2013 at 04:33 AM.
Advert
Old 07-30-2013, 07:04 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
But to see the languages on the left, you need to have clicked on "go" before (without nothing in the search field). Have you tried that way?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #7
svda
Connoisseur

Yesssss! Now I see it :-)
Thank you very much Samhy !