Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Where are you, Andrew J. Offutt and Why aren't you writing?

Where are you, Andrew J. Offutt? And why aren't you writing more stories?

For readers who enjoy the 'old school' type of fantasies, with evil wizards and lots swords and sorcery [known, too, as 'Swords and Planet' stories], I recommend Andrew J. Offutt for your reading pleasure.

If you enjoy sword and sorcery fiction, then give Andrew J. Offutt a try.

Where are you, Andrew J. Offutt? I miss you.

Here are some of his writings, taken from the Wiki:

Thieves' World

Shadowspawn (1987)
Deathknight (1990)
The Shadow of Sorcery (1993)

War of the Gods on Earth

The Iron Lords (1979)
Shadows Out of Hell (1980)
The Lady of the Snowmist (1983)

War of the Wizards

Demon in the Mirror (1977) (with Richard K. Lyon)
The Eyes of Sarsis (1980) (with Richard K. Lyon)
Web of the Spider (1981) (with Richard K. Lyon)

Conan

Conan and the Sorcerer (1978)
Conan: The Sword of Skelos (1979)
Conan the Mercenary (1980)

Cormac Mac Art

Sword of the Gael (1975)
The Undying Wizard (1976)
The Sign of the Moonbow (1977)
The Mists of Doom (1977)
When Death Birds Fly (1980) (with Keith Taylor)
The Tower of Death (1982) (with Keith Taylor)

-----
Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	demoninthemirror.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	492.4 KB
ID:	104064   Click image for larger version

Name:	chiefton on andor.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	104065   Click image for larger version

Name:	conan.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	104066   Click image for larger version

Name:	zebra-swordsagainstdarkness1.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	104067  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #2
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I know the name, but I'm not sure where from. It could have been Conan or Thieves' World, I guess, but none of those titles look familiar.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNefario View Post
I know the name, but I'm not sure where from. It could have been Conan or Thieves' World, I guess, but none of those titles look familiar.
His name IS associated with Conan and Thieves' World, so maybe that's where you heard of him.

Or maybe you just heard of him in a general sense due to Robert E. Howard.

Don
Old 04-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #4
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
I have all his books in paperback. Had a blast collecting them over the years. Be great to see more from his fertile mind and pen
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, I have about 15 books in storage in the U.S.A.

There appears to be hardly anything available in ebooks.

He's either 79 or 80 right now - certainly not time to hang up his computer.

Where are you, Andrew J. Offutt?

Don
Advert