Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
molier
molier began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Moving library to new Mac

I have a new Mac and want to export my library from the old Mac to the new one. What is the best way to do this?
molier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by molier View Post
I have a new Mac and want to export my library from the old Mac to the new one. What is the best way to do this?
The same way you would for Linux
The same way you would for Windows

Copy the entire Library folder to the NEW system (if the NEW system Library folder is empty, Just replace it with the copy (The folder name needs to be the same) You could copy the Contents instead and replace the Contents of the New

You might want to copy Save settings:
Use calibre Preferences: Miscellaneous: Press the Open Configuration Button. Leave the folder OPEN (BOTH PLACES)

Close Calibre (both places)

Now copy the entire contents to the NEW calibre Configuration folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
molier
molier began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Thxx for this clear instruction. Very helpful!
molier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What I did was copy the whole library folder and put it on the new hardrive where I wanted it (I use dropbox, so I just waited for my dropbox folder to sync, which took leaving it overnight). Then I downloaded Calibre. When I started it, there was an option to create a new library using a folder you have already (as opposed to having Calibre create one). I chose that and within a minute or two, all my books were there as I had left them. Very easy!
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Or if you use the Mac's inbuilt Migration Assistant, it should just all happen for you (along with all of your other apps, documents, and settings).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert