Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
LWTBP
LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LWTBP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Feature request: Better internal reader

Hey, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this because I couldn't find another section on the forum and I don't want to make a launch pad account to submit it in the bugs section.

First and foremost, thanks to KG and others for the awesome work done on Calibre. I couldn't have a collection of ebooks in place and order without this software.

What I want to request though, is a better internal reader. My frustration with the speed, look and interface is so bad that I have installed the Amazon Kindle for PC software and linked mobi documents to open with it so that when I click on the link within Calibre they open with the AKPC. KPC is just so smooth in the whole browsing experience and the books look beautiful (without jagged edges for the fonts, etc etc) in it.

I am sure this would need a lot of work for the making changes to the current internal reader of Calibre. But this is just a request and I hope you will consider.

Thank you!
LWTBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I love the internal reader and have even read books on it.

Things I like:

You can advance pages by pushing the spacebar.
The info button shows the metadata at a single click.
You can have the TOC in a side panel for easy previewing and navigation.
Most options are visible all the time.
Has most useful options visible.
You can inspect the CSS at any time.

I agree that the fonts could be smoother and the bottom line sometimes carrying over to the next page leaves something to be desired.

For me it is my computer ebook viewer of preference, I find the kindle for PC and Sony reader Apps to be just irritating in that you have to click on this that or the other thing to do anything other than read your current page.

Improvements are always great as long as they don't take away what we have.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert