Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-03-2007, 10:39 AM   #1
rudysplif
rudysplif began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2
iLiad Developing Conventions?

Hey, thanks to all your threads, I have ssh access and various unbrickables setup. However, I'd still like to get a get a little bit more background before I start tinkering.

I'm wondering about the directory structure and best practices:

/mnt/card (for SD)
/media/card
/media/mmc1
/mnt/free (internal memory)
/media/hdd (nothing there)
/mnt/ram
/mnt/net
/mnt/protected/images

...and various other directories in the iLiad specific environment. What's ./ram, ./hdd, ./net, ./protected/images used for? Why do I have an empty mmc1 directory, but a proper /mnt/card (for my mmc/sd card)?

Is application development as simple as: you create something, it has it's own folder/manifest xml/needed libs, you handle your own tmp files within your folder and pretty much ignore the directory stucture that iRex setup.

Sorry for the open ended question.

Thanks,
Dan
rudysplif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
You could download one of Adam B. or my ports & have a sneak view what the ipkg installation does.
The core is that we create a own "/usr/local" path on the memory card.
The libraries which the ported apps needs live for example here: "/path.of.memory.card/_local/lib".
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
rudysplif
rudysplif began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks Yokos, I'll take a look.

rudy
rudysplif is offline   Reply With Quote