Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 02:20 AM   #1531
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i have some bugs but only ( I think) on the Fire HDX via google play install.
1. page forward will occassionally go 3 or 4 pages forward ( I only have tap gesture enabled, all swipe gesture are off )

2. the next page will be 3/4 empty just a small 1/4 page of reflowing text, and will not fix itself unless i exit the book and reload it. I wonder if that is a memory leak or ram issue it's usually after reading for some time and on longer chapters. imagine a page divide into 4, I get text in only the upper left quadrant. it may be even be a quarter, could be smaller than that.

3. the most annoying. A complete freeze requiring a hold down the power button to force a hard reset. this strikes without warning, I tap for net page and all is frozen. that seems to happen more often wth the bookari 4.2.1. release. no other apps cause this freeze.

for 2 & 3 I read in a 2 column landscape theme. dunno if that is a factor. I read in the same theme on my samsung tablet & I don't recall that device ever freezing that one has android 6 which may be better behaved than fire OS 5
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:25 AM   #1532
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Just spend a very annoying few hours waiting for Bookari to re-import my books.

I upgraded my external SC card so the path to all my books was wrong. Yes, I know the author says don't use external memory but I need the internal memory for Apps and other things.

The problem arises when importing a large number of books. When the import dialog looses focus due to either a screen timeout or switching to a different app Bookari seems to stop the import process and you can't return the import dialog to focus. Bookari is then frozen. When restarted it will have imported a small percentage of the total books.

The only way I could get around this was to tap the screen periodically so focus remained on the app, good fun waiting.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #1533
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I wiped out my Nexus 7 and started from scratch (a fairly regular occurrence for me), and I can't seem to find the Bookari/Mantano Premium option to download the fonts pack, now. It's no big deal (I can install some of my own fonts quite easily), but it's driving me a bit bonkers that I can't find it. Is it no longer an option, or am I just overlooking it somewhere?

EDIT: never mind ... it's the "Add" button (in the middle) in the Edit Theme's Font Family setting. I was looking for an explicit "Download Fonts" option.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:38 AM   #1534
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Bookari can use any font that you manually copy to its font folder. The built in free to download ones seem to be obscure public domain things.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:51 AM   #1535
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yes. As I said; I know I can manually install my own fonts quite easily. I just couldn't (temporarily) find the download option.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2019, 02:27 AM   #1536
Steadyhands
Connoisseur
Steadyhands began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Quote:
Just spend a very annoying few hours waiting for Bookari to re-import my books.
Nice to see that two years down the road the same fault is still there.
Steadyhands is offline   Reply With Quote