Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
borders store switched to kobo

So I live in the US and I bought a KObo from borders.

I was introduced to KOBO through shortcovers. shortcovers e reader was installed on my palm pre phone so I used that to purchase and read books. Obviously shortcovers became KObo so I ended up being a KObo user and thats where I first saw the KObo ereader. I didn't even know the ereader was backed by borders until I started researching it more.

Anywho,

When I first got my ereader I went to the wifi store and noticed it was borders. I was confused as to how to get my kobo books onto it. I found that you can download the Kobo desktop app just like the borders desktop app and I used that to download my kobo books onto the reader.

Now when I go into the ereaders wifi store it brings up the Kobo store. It's great now as I can download the newspapers and magazines on a regular basis that I get on KOBo since Borders doesn't provide the newspaper and magazine subscriptions.

My ? is if in the future I decide to purchase books from borders since I'm a rewards member and I use the borders desktop app to transfer the books to the ereader will my wifi store change back to borders?

Not sure I care right now but incase I want to switch back to Borders I want to know if my ereaders store will switch as well.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Yes, it will change back to borders and only your borders books will be on the device. The only to have both books on the device is using ePub / ADE fore one of the stores.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert