Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 03:49 PM   #1
sdf32gs
sdf32gs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Debricking Kindle 3

Hi

Ill try to be as informative as possible

My kindle 3 screen cracked and was left in a drawer for around a year and a half.

I replaced the screen and left it on charge, the screen changed to the slide to unlock tree screen but it didn't switch on.

I plugged it into a PC and the kindle was detected as SE Blank Ringo.

Found the debricking tutorials of ATK and kubrick and charged the kindle for almost 2 days, kubrick didn't work and after further research saw that it wasn't going into ram kernel mode(the 4 instead of 8 bytes error), ATK wasn't working either.

Charged up the battery externally to 3.75 volts, and got the same error. Used an external power supply and still have the same error.

Is there anything else i could try?
sdf32gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
E-Bay: "Broken, For Parts only"
Screen broken, battery dead. (full charge is 4.2 volts not 3.75)
eMMC (flash) probably unusable. (I.E: Motherboard needs repair)
Case, Keyboard, buttons and small parts re-usable.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #3
sdf32gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Thanks ill see what i can get

Will this do anything for me?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=66

I couldn't find out how to use the get info command
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf32gs View Post
Thanks ill see what i can get

Will this do anything for me?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=66

I couldn't find out how to use the get info command
That was four years ago.
Your K3 hasn't changed, but my memory can only be trusted over periods of a few minutes.

The only thing I can recall is that suggestion was never followed up on.
That and I was basing that information on the reference manual for the SoC in the K3.
I do not recall if that command is included in any of the de-bricking applications.

Last edited by knc1; 11-04-2016 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:19 PM   #5
sdf32gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The online store (aliexpress) is offering to send another screen but im not sure whether it is working or not.
What makes you say that the screen is broken?, i can't think of anything that indicates that.

Thanks
Old 11-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdf32gs View Post
The online store (aliexpress) is offering to send another screen but im not sure whether it is working or not.
What makes you say that the screen is broken?, i can't think of anything that indicates that.

Thanks
That is what you said:
Quote:
My kindle 3 screen cracked and was left in a drawer for around a year and a half.
In your first post.

I was assuming you would not sell the brand new screen as "used" that instead you would sell the used screen as "used" and the new screen as "new".