Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #1
jsbt
jsbt began at the beginning.

Device: None
Start up minimized Calibre

Hello. I am new to Calibre and not sure this is the adequate forum. Is there a way to configurate Calibre to start with Windows 8, and minimized to the taskbar? Any suggestion is welcome.
jsbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried the standard method of starting Windows programs minimized by changing the properties of the menu shortcut used to start Calibre to say it should be run Minimized? Seems to work OK for me.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Behavior->Enable system tray icon

Then run calibre as

calibre --start-in-tray
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
jsbt
jsbt began at the beginning.

Device: None
Start up minimized Calibre

Thank you kovidgoyal and itimpi. It will start automatically and minimized as an icon into Windows quick start bar, as I wished. I need now to find a way it will not show in Windows 8 taskbar. Please, any ideas?
jsbt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, minimized, start, windows 8