Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
insert page with book's metadata into ePub

Apple iBooks is so shitty it does not search (when searching the library for a book) amongst ePub metadata, so I thought I would use that calibre's feature where you can insert a page with metadata into the ePub.

Do I have to go through the conversion process to do that or is there a way / plugin to just modify the file?

thank you!
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
Apple iBooks is so shitty it does not search (when searching the library for a book) amongst ePub metadata, so I thought I would use that calibre's feature where you can insert a page with metadata into the ePub.

Do I have to go through the conversion process to do that or is there a way / plugin to just modify the file?

thank you!
Get the Modify EPUB Plugin: Insert Jacket
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Maybe no need for plug-in - I think its in the baseline - Polish Books, use Preferences->Toolbars to pop it into one or more of your tool bars if its not there already.

That's not to say Modify is not a great PI, but Polish is simpler (not as many options), and a tad quicker.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #4
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Thank You, I tried with the plugin and it worked like a charm. I just wonder if there is a way to change the jacket template, to include different metadata, change order and so on. Thank you and have an happy Easter!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolignani View Post
Thank You, I tried with the plugin and it worked like a charm. I just wonder if there is a way to change the jacket template, to include different metadata, change order and so on. Thank you and have an happy Easter!
Put on your hacking hat : Make a copy of the template found in the Program's Resources\Jacket folder.

Custom Copies should ALWAYS be placed into the same relative (to the parent) in the Calibre configuration folder. Those prevail (and don't get replaced when updating versions)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
tsolignani
Zealot

Understood, thank you. I will try that, thanks again.