Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
trainman
trainman began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
Can't register My Nook ST

Please excuse my writing I'm not english speking so god.
After a hardware reseting of my nook ST , I can't re-register my device.

If I choose to sign in to the old account witch I have on Barnes and noble on my After a hardware reseting of my nook ST , I can't re-register my device.

If I choose to sign in to the old account witch I have on Barnes and noble on my screen appear the messege : Sorry we've having trouble setting up your Nook.

At the bottom- left on the screen is a messege D-AD1202. I search the google and I find this meanig for the code : device associated with a different user. GBP validation where a user is attempting to register himself to a device where the previous owneer did not perform a de-registration

I try to create a new account from my nook with another email adress ( this one ), but the same story again.
Any suggestion?screen appear the messege : Sorry we've having trouble setting up your Nook.

At the bottom- left on the screen is a messege D-AD1202. I search the google and I find this meanig for the code : device associated with a different user. GBP validation where a user is attempting to register himself to a device where the previous owneer did not perform a de-registration

I try to create a new account from my nook with another email adress , but the same story again.
Any suggestion?
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Please excuse my writing I'm not english speking so god.
After a hardware reseting of my nook ST , I can't re-register my device.

If I choose to sign in to the old account witch I have on Barnes and noble on my After a hardware reseting of my nook ST , I can't re-register my device.

If I choose to sign in to the old account witch I have on Barnes and noble on my screen appear the messege : Sorry we've having trouble setting up your Nook.

I try to create a new account from my nook with another email adress ( this one ), but the same story again.
Any suggestion?screen appear the messege : Sorry we've having trouble setting up your Nook.

I try to create a new account from my nook with another email adress , but the same story again.
Any suggestion?
Before you did a reset of the Nook you should have deregistered it. Because you did not, the Nook is still registered to the old account on B&N's servers.

As you get the error message as you try to register with your old account, it sounds like the old account you are trying, is not the account the Nook was previously registered to.
If you use the correct account, you should be able to register again.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
trainman

You're right I don't make the deregistration.
In the old account at Digital Management>My nook it' write :You don't have a NOOK registered.
It' look like my nook is registered somewere . It is a way to deregister it?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Did you buy your Nook second-hand? From e-bay or something like that?
Did you have to register your Nook when you received it?
Because it sounds like your Nook was never registered to your account at all.

Only B&N can delete a registration. And it is very difficult to get them to do this. Because this is a protection against people using stolen Nooks.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
trainman

I buy my nook online at [deleted - MODERATOR] an online library from my country, it's not second.
I have problem with my battery, suddenly it unload verry quick, in 3 days. Monday i charge it and friday it was at 9% . I made a shut down- power on and the battery was at 15%. I made a hardware reset but I do not made a de-register.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'm sorry, but I'm a little bit confused here.
Did you not regsiter the device to your account at first setup?
Why did you do a factory rest in the first place?
Was there a problem that made you do it and not do it by going through the menu?
The battery drain may have something to do with how this device is set up. It has been reported that by bypassing the registration it has bad effect on battery,
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote