Old 01-09-2007, 09:56 PM   #31
westsan
Enthusiast
westsan is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Exclamation Lending Paperbacks = Giving it away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury
In much the same way as you'd lend a paperback.
When you lend a paperback... it never comes back.
westsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #32
westsan
Enthusiast
westsan is on a distinguished road

but...

You can sell your paperbacks in exchange for more!!
westsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #33
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
The ideal is to set a dated list of what is lent and force oneself to follow through at precise intervals, just as a company follows payments.

Just to say that I can't find in my heart to do it and rough out my friends! Of course those that don't bring back the books are not good friends anymore.

Some books I've had to buy back, because they were needed for work.

It's a toughie is'nt it?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #34
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I don't see the problem. Every consumer electronics company is announcing new products for release later this year, aren't they? Aside from that, the wording does not amount to a real announcement anyway:
Quote:
A new Reader model, likely adding wireless capability, will likely appear within the year as new rivals, namely Amazon.com, are expected to enter the market, he said.
In other words, the Reader is doing well and they might expand the market. (Note: "likely".) Doesn't Apple release new iPods every year? As long as Connect books continue to work, I see no problem with this.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #35
mateo
Enthusiast
mateo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Zire71
Why is the Sony Reader not available on Amazon? Why is it so hard to find them? I wasn't even aware that they were out yet.
mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #36
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
It took? What? almost a year from displayed to the public release?

Same concept that Apple and others companies have. Usually before you release somthing you are already working on its replacement.
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:59 AM   #37
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Sony talking about the future of the Reader shows me their commitment to continue their e-book saga. For me, this is a great thing!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:08 AM   #38
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo
Why is the Sony Reader not available on Amazon? Why is it so hard to find them? I wasn't even aware that they were out yet.
It was originally constrained supply. Sony opened with their Sony store and a limited number of retail partners like Borders. If they are still selling out, why expand and deal with the hassle of shipments and marketing at even more stores? I know some people have spotted them at CompUSAs and Frys too. I think once they are no longer supply constrained, you will see them more places.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 AM   #39
mateo
Enthusiast

If they are selling out, they should up their manufacturing. Any time I see something that's not available on Amazon, I just assume it hasn't be released yet.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #40
mateo
Enthusiast

by the way, it's not on Border's website either. the only place i've ever seen it for sale online is ebay.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #41
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Its listed at Compusa.com and frys.com.

Funny the supplies of it compared to the shelf sitter PS3. Can walk almost into anywhere and start tripping over units.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #42
Melf
Enthusiast
Melf began at the beginning.

Device: TTX, SmartQ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Its listed at Compusa.com and frys.com.
Looks like both Frys and Compusa do international shipping
Has anyone nonUSA tryed to buy a reader from them ?
Melf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #43
Nightwing
Addict

Would try Frys over Compusa... Reason is Frys web site use to be Outpost.com

Last edited by Nightwing; 01-11-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #44
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I ordered mine from Amazon, right before it disappeared. Fortunately my order didn't disappear with it.
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #45
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
Got mine online from Sony Style with about a 4 business day shipment. Something strange in routing: It shipped FedEx with a tracking number. Half way here it changed to USPS and was delivered to my mailbox. The routing was evidently closed out by USPS with a reported 2:30 delivery. I used the $150 credit offered by Sony card. Now I will have to use up the credit elsewhere so I can cancel the card. I had hoped to get the $50 free book offer also since the order was 12/29/06. No coupon included however.
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote