Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Want a great read ?

I have just finished "The Long Walk" by Slavomir Rawicz, and I unhesitatingly recommend it to, well, anyone......

A true account , by a survivor, of a forced march, by around 4,000 men, to a Siberian gulag in the early 1940's, the author and some friends subsequent escape, and even longer journey, on foot, through Sineria, Mongolia, Tibet, and India.

Written in the 50's, it is a truly wonderful story, fairly sparse by today's sometimes overblown standards - I found it truly unputdownable.....

A real eye-opener on what humanity can live through and still remain sane.

[ I believe it was turned into a film, in the 80's (?), with Kurt Russell perhaps ? Good, but bearing little relationship to the book. ]
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
there was a movie done last year based on the book called ' the way back ', a friend mentioned the movie to me and i was going to watch but haven't yet. i had no idea the book was written so long ago.

the movie link is here

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1023114/
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
I haven't read the book, but I did watch the movie a couple months back. Was a descent movie for sure.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote