Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-21-2015, 03:53 AM   #1
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Kobo Touch Extended: vertical-align:top

As the Kobo does not understand the CSS "vertical-align:top", why not automatically convert it to "vertical-align:super"?
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Because they mean different things, see https://developer.mozilla.org/en/doc...vertical-align
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 05:07 AM   #3
Francois_C
Zealot
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Thank you for the answer, Kovid.
Of course, they mean different things, but since vertical-align:top is not properly understood by the Kobo which displays only smaller chars and does not "Align the top of the element with the top of the parent element's font", I thought that a Kobo-oriented plugin like Kobo Touch Extended could fix this oddity.
Books created by Amanuensis are the only ones using "top" instead of "super", and I still use this software rather often though it is no longer maintained and the sources are not available.

Last edited by Francois_C; 08-28-2015 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:22 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should post in the thread for that plugin then -- I though you were asking for calibre itself to do that.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:14 PM   #5
Francois_C
Zealot

You're right, Kovid. Thank you again for your fantastic work!
Indeed, I think I first wanted to post in the plugin's thread, but, as it seemed to be so overcrowded that my question would be hidden by a new thread, I posted a new one. Sorry.

PS: BTW, I noticed a small issue in today's Calibre update (at least on my computer with Windows 7 64): with the epub editor, when I save with Ctrl-S (and also with the usual command) I get an exception error message, but the file seems to be saved however.

Last edited by Francois_C; 09-04-2015 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:57 PM   #6
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
PS: BTW, I noticed a small issue in today's Calibre update (at least on my computer with Windows 7 64): with the epub editor, when I save with Ctrl-S (and also with the usual command) I get an exception error message, but the file seems to be saved however.
See calibre 2.37: Errors on saving after editing. There is a new build with that fixed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote