Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2023, 05:18 AM   #1
ext23
ext23 began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A9
Question Error communicating with device (Hisense A9)

This thing should just run as a standard Android storage device, in fact, it was working previously as I got all my books over there initially. Now I'm trying to add more, haven't changed anything at all, and I'm getting this:

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 104, in run
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 636, in _upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 433, in upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 409, in ensure_parent
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 409, in create_folder
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error
Calibre DOES show the device, but it is "empty," and this message pops up on connect. However the device appears perfectly normally in Windows and I can edit files on it in the file explorer.

I tried deleting driveinfo.calibre and and metadata.calibre to no avail.
ext23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 07:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its failure to create one of the parent folders when uploading the books. Try right clicking the device and configuring it changing the location books are uploaded too.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 08:07 AM   #3
ext23

All my books are just in the "Books" folder already...

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/GprpVWL

I changed it to "Documents," restarted Calibre, and got this error:

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:710:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 556, in _books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 224, in books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 197, in get_driveinfo
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 187, in _update_drive_info
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 157, in put_calibre_file
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 444, in put_file
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:710:Cannot write to file:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error
It worked a few days ago, I haven't changed anything.

Last edited by ext23; 08-29-2023 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-29-2023, 09:14 AM   #4
ext23

OK I just tried with my everyday phone, similar thing, regular Android MTP, and it doesn't work either:

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 636, in _upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 433, in upload_books
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 409, in ensure_parent
  File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 409, in create_folder
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_enumeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error
Old 08-29-2023, 11:51 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Then you remaining options are resetting the device or using one of the wireless ransfer methods described here: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote