Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 12:09 PM   #46
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zxczxc: No idea, I went with IM's autofit feature, it basically tries to fit it in a bounding box of 20px tall (on the Touch, I used roughly the same percentage of screen estate adapted to the other screen sizes). If someone cares to, you can of course use a fixed size and align the clock at the pixel level.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #47
fogice
Groupie
fogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of lightfogice is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@twobob: I really like the look of the toolbar at the top on a regular reading screen. Will it become a working extension?
fogice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #48
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
It seems the best option is to change the reader, t68 has clock. If Amazon doesn't worry by their custumers requests...
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #49
Hanspeter
Connoisseur
Hanspeter doesn't litterHanspeter doesn't litter

Device: Kindel PW1, Voyager
Hi All,

I made an extension out of twobob idea to show the titlebar while inside a book. I used his example scripts, the Touch management bundle and the showtime example.

It is only tested on PW1. Until now I found one problem. The titlebar is not displayed if you open the menu inside a book.

Thanks to all for making this type of changes possible.

HaPe
Attached Files
File Type: zip kual-SHOWTITLE-v0.1.zip (173.7 KB, 301 views)

Last edited by Hanspeter; 07-23-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #50
screaminglemon
screaminglemon doesn't litterscreaminglemon doesn't litter

Device: Sony prs-900, prs-950, Nook Touch GL, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks everybody, this is awesome.
I've been testing out HaPe's extension on my PW1 and I really like it. Just two problems. The one HaPe noted about the titlebar not showing when you open the menu; not a big deal.
The big problem is when in a book and you try to open the menu, if you touch that title bar, it freezes. (actually, it seems that you just lose touch input.) If you touch just below the title bar, then the menu opens and everything is as it should be, minus the title bar.
Now that I know whats happening, I think I can be careful enough to avoid any more restarts, at least until someone smarter than me figures out how to fix this.
screaminglemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #51
Huku
Huku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi everyone,
I tried Hanspeter solution on PW2 and it works great. Showing the title bar is a great way to show time. Only problem is that title bar overlaps with text... I will try changing the margins (yes I hacked them using the font hack). I do not have the problem described by screaminglemon or at least could not reproduce it.
Hanspeter, thank you!
Huku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #52
Huku

I just reproduced screaminglemon's problem - could not fix it without restart.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #53
Huku

Just changed topMargin in ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar (using Java Bytecode Editor) and seem that topMargin = 30 is looking best and not wasting space. Now it is really great and not overlapping with text.
Thanks once again!
(btw the problem sceamingleamon described is really nasty - it happened to a few times already)
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #54
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huku View Post
Just changed topMargin in ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar (using Java Bytecode Editor) and seem that topMargin = 30 is looking best and not wasting space. Now it is really great and not overlapping with text.
Thanks once again!
(btw the problem sceamingleamon described is really nasty - it happened to a few times already)
Thanks for the work!
Tweaking the appearance of something like this can be a slow and tedious process.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #55
Hanspeter
Connoisseur
Hanspeter doesn't litterHanspeter doesn't litter

Device: Kindel PW1, Voyager
Hi,

did some rework for a new extension to show the time in the upper right corner:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...71#post3456771

HaPe
Hanspeter is offline   Reply With Quote