Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
mark_e_h
Connoisseur
mark_e_h began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/IpadMini
E-book Viewer- TOC no longer visible

I have been reading EPUB books on my PC (Win7). Suddenly the Table of Contents no longer shows when I mouse the button, or ctrl-T. Vanished.

I've tried several different books - same story .

I'm sure this is something simple, but I can't see the TOC and need to use it.
thnx,

mark_e_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You hid it at some time
See the icon with the lines and hand? click that
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 PM   #3
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You hid it at some time
See the icon with the lines and hand? click that
Alas - that's too simple. I can click the icon- it darkens and lightens. But no index window appears. Same with ctrl-T.

I'm sure it is "hidden" somewhere, but I can't recover it. The E-book viewer apparently thinks it's showing it.

I wonder if there is some way to reset the windows placement to default.....

But thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited by mark_e_h; 03-05-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_e_h View Post
Alas - that's too simple. I can click the icon- it darkens and lightens. But no index window appears. Same with ctrl-T.

I'm sure it is "hidden" somewhere, but I can't recover it. The E-book viewer apparently thinks it's showing it.

I wonder if there is some way to reset the windows placement to default.....

But thanks for the suggestions.
Not sure if this is any help to you but at one time, I was using the Calibre ebook viewer with a dual monitor setup, undocked the TOC window and dragged it to the second monitor. When I undocked my laptop, the TOC was left on the second screen. I had to connect to a second monitor to re-dock the TOC. It didn't seem to matter if I had the remember last used window size and layout option checked when I was playing with settings after this.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #5
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Well, my guess is that has something to do with the problem.

I'm on a desktop system with two monitors. If I have the reader on the second screen and exit the reader, when I restart the reader window is somewhere on another planet. I have to exit the reader and restart, and the reader window is on the first screen again.

The reader doesn't seem to get along with dual monitors.

In this case, I do remember that the reader and the index window were on separate monitors when last used. But I can't figure out how to fix the problem.

thnx,

Advert
Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 AM   #6
mark_e_h
Connoisseur

Well, that gave me the hint that I needed.
I disabled the second monitor, restarted Calibre and the E-reader, and the index/toc was now visible.

So I would say that the E-reader has problems (multiple) with dual monitors.

thanks to everyone with suggestions.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_e_h View Post
Well, that gave me the hint that I needed.
I disabled the second monitor, restarted Calibre and the E-reader, and the index/toc was now visible.

So I would say that the E-reader has problems (multiple) with dual monitors.

thanks to everyone with suggestions.

Even undocked, it stays on top.
I put it on the other monitor, Exited. relaunched and all that happened was it forgot that the TOC button was pressed. A click, and all was good (and still on the second monitor)
V3.18 on W10pro x64
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote