Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #1
rioachim
Enthusiast
rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'rioachim gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: PW2
Firmware update 5.9.4

New update for all.

Expanded Search: In-book search now includes results from your notes and highlights.
In-book Clock: Now you can check the current time without leaving the page you're reading. Use the option in Display Settings (Aa) menu to display the clock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=200529680

Last edited by rioachim; 02-06-2018 at 01:07 AM.
rioachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
I go to the page for this on Amazon for Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201756220

And the download shows as

https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...asis_5.9.4.bin

Which doesnt seem right
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Try it - there's no danger. The Kindle won't let you install firmware for the wrong model.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Try it - there's no danger. The Kindle won't let you install firmware for the wrong model.
Updating via wifi already, thought it was safer.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblox View Post
Updating via wifi already, thought it was safer.
I'd be surprised if that works . OTA updates are normally rolled out over a period of several weeks.
Advert
Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #6
oblox
Zealot

Well it found an update (i thought I was up to date) will let you know in a minute or two.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Well, perhaps I'll be surprised, then .
Old 02-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #8
oblox
Zealot

Nope you wont. Obviously Id missed a minor update number.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Oh well .
Old 02-05-2018, 11:50 AM   #10
oblox
Zealot

I think this would be PW3 7th gen

https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...hite_5.9.4.bin
Old 02-05-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
oblox
Zealot

Woohoo always on clock. Great feature I honestly didn't think I needed but is going to be a (minor) time saver.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #12
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I'll get mine once I find my darn cable.

I am confused about the clock thing though. Wouldn't that make it 2 steps instead of the one step it is now? If I want to know the time now in a book, all I have to do is tap the top. I don't have to go out of the book or do anything else. The time is always on the top right when I tap there. But having to go to the Aa menu is another step after that. So that is why I am confused.

eta: never mind, lightbulb went off in my brain. I guess you can now set it to always show on the top, not that you have to go into the menu to check.
Monday, haven't had enough coffee or tea yet.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #13
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
I'm glad they put the option in Display Settings. I'm not sure I would want it on all the time, part of what is so good about the eInk Kindles is not having so many distractions. But it will be nice to turn it on in the mornings when I get on our exercise bike and prop the Kindle up on the little shelf that puts it in front of the bike display. Having the toggle in Display Settings will make it easy enough to turn on and off.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #14
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Perhaps this is the first step toward having the option to turn on/off header that contains the book title? (I'm thinking of the UI in the Kobo Aura H2O as a comparison).
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Perhaps this is the first step toward having the option to turn on/off header that contains the book title? (I'm thinking of the UI in the Kobo Aura H2O as a comparison).
What header? The Kindle doesn't display any header while one is reading a book.