Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
jjjconnon
jjjconnon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Download bulk book details and list in bookshelf view

I have about 1000 books in my calibre collection. I would like to keep a copy of each books details on my android devices. So, will Calibre Companion allow me to do a bulk down load of all book details? If so, how does one for this?

Also, I would like to view ALL book details by showing just the book covers in a grid view just like the bookshelf view of downloaded books before I connect my calibre library cloud. If this is possible, how can I do this?

Thanks for any advice/help you can provide.
jjjconnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjconnon View Post
I have about 1000 books in my calibre collection. I would like to keep a copy of each books details on my android devices. So, will Calibre Companion allow me to do a bulk down load of all book details? If so, how does one for this?

Also, I would like to view ALL book details by showing just the book covers in a grid view just like the bookshelf view of downloaded books before I connect my calibre library cloud. If this is possible, how can I do this?

Thanks for any advice/help you can provide.
CC wants the book there also.

Use the Calibre Catalog tool and make a Book that is the Catalog:

Click the arrow (or right click on the ) convert Icon: Chose the Catalog type and options.

Note: The Catalog tool respects Virtual Libraries or Search Results.. You can create 'select' catalogs
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 04:39 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjconnon View Post
As theducks said, CC requires that a book be in its library in order to store its metadata. However, it doesn't need to be the actual book. Some CC users do what you are asking for by adding "empty" text formats to their calibre library and sending these to CC. The Wireless Device connection supports bulk downloading and bulk updating of metadata. You can add empty txt formats in calibre using the "Add empty file ..." command on the Add Books dropdown menu.
Quote:
I don't understand the question. No cover grid view will show all book details. There isn't any way to have CC show a cover grid view in CC's Cloud Connection if that is what you are asking for.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
jjjconnon

Thanks for posting replys.

I will look at your posts on how to put a copy of all metadata onto my android device either using a catalog book with all details or empyt text formats to my library.

My overall goal was to be able to keep a copy of the book metadata/details on my android devices and viewing metadata by selecting a books cover in a "bookshelf" view, where clicking on a cover would bring up the book details. I keep my library/books stored in one location and download about 15 books at a time on a kindle and kindle for android while reading them for ease of being synch'ed on each device.

I do realize I could download all of the library (> 1000 books) onto each android device and use CC to do what I am looking for. Again, I was hoping to use CC without a book reader to have only the "Book Details" from my library available.

Do you know if anyone has looked at allowing Calibre software to also work on an android device? Then I wouldn't need PC related software.

Again,
Thanks for your responses
Old 10-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #5
SMNonMR
SMNonMR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook, and Android. Oh My!
It's not exactly what you want but calibre can make a catalog of all your book details. See here for more info: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118556

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
SMNonMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #6
jjjconnon

Took a look at Calibre Cloud. Does everything I wanted and allows me to upload any book from my calibre library to the kindle cloud from either of my android devices. Excellent app!