Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 10-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #16
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Where did you got the kindle akp ? the version on slide me is old.

Aldiko coudn't install, neither could mantano. Too bad. I wish the message was more explanatory than "app wasn't installed". OK, but why ??
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #17
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
The newly uploaded Minimal Set-2 should allow for package installation. Previously you had to copy the APK directly into /data/app (either via ebook_msc, or via some file manager, i.e. Root Explorer) in order to install them.

Or you could use ADB to install packages. Now it should be easier for you to install packages from SD or "main memory", or via Dropbox.

Porkupan, how can i uncompressed the files mmcblk2p10.img, and mmcblk2p9.img, like the file .img on the before version?

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #18
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Where did you got the kindle akp ? the version on slide me is old.

Aldiko coudn't install, neither could mantano. Too bad. I wish the message was more explanatory than "app wasn't installed".
I got it from Amazon.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #19
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
how can i uncompressed the files mmcblk2p10.img, and mmcblk2p9.img, like the file .img on the before version?
These are ext4 filesystems. You can mount them with -o loop option on most Linux systems.
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have the Kindle app installed, registered, and with ebooks downloaded.
Some pictures or screen shots would be nice.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
greatyay
greatyay began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Some pictures or screen shots would be nice.
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...nd-more-video/
greatyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM   #22
tarzankayaker
tarzankayaker began at the beginning.

Device: prst1
Is there a way to actually sync this with a google account? I would like to use the calendar function, but previously crashed the system trying to use my google account.
tarzankayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:07 AM   #23
poliorcetes
poliorcetes began at the beginning.

Device: Qtek 9100
Does anybody know if it is possible to connect a keyboard to the T1, either by USB or by bluetooth?

It would be awesome: writing using an EPD display!!!
poliorcetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #24
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
These are ext4 filesystems. You can mount them with -o loop option on most Linux systems.
Could you explain me in detail the process i've to follow?

thanks

Last edited by VICTORSJG; 10-24-2011 at 07:33 AM.
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poliorcetes View Post
Does anybody know if it is possible to connect a keyboard to the T1, either by USB or by bluetooth?

It would be awesome: writing using an EPD display!!!
I don't think it has either USB host or Bluetooth.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #26
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Could you explain me in detail the process i've to follow?
Step one is to have Linux installed. Somewhere.
You can use some Virtual machine, such as Oracle Virtual Box and download some image with a Linux distro installed.

Here is page for VirtualBox download
You can use either community version that is free (as in free speech, or freedom) https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
or you can use version from Oracle, that is free (meaning that you do not have to pay for it) http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/se...ads/index.html

There are lots of images with pre-installed Linux distributions available, such as those
http://virtualboximages.com/Free.Vir....VDI.Downloads
You can use, for example this one
LinuxMint 11 i386 LXDE Virtual Appliance

Then you have to boot into that Linux, copy the *.img file somewhere you can see it and mount it using the above command. When you have Linux installed I will look up and test exact working command for you.

Mounting is connecting another partition / device with a filesystem on it to a directory. In this case the filesystem isn't on a device, such as /dev/sdb1 but in a file itself. This is called loopback.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #27
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
Quote:
Dear Porkupan, I have to ask for your help here. My T1 is in bootloop after failed attempt to flash the "enable packet-ADB" downloaded from the link in the first post. I have successfully flashed the Minimal root set and decided to move on enabling the ADB. I have been using Android for about two years now and think that ADB can be useful to me at times.

But now it's in bootloop.. I wonder how can I rescue it... I can't applied the rescue package as the computer won't recognise my device.

Thanks a million in advance and hope that my T1 can come back to life soon
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #28
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Recovery mode i guess. Not sure if it exists on the T1 or how to access it.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
I guess a SD card is needed.. but have to wait for Porkupan's suggestion he has mentioned it in the original release thread that ... There's an option of rescue through SD..
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #30
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I wonder when did you download the enable-adb package? Just trying to figure out why you may have gone into the boot loop after trying to install it.

To recover you probably don't need to boot from SD card. First of all you need to get into the recovery mode. While the reader is rebooting, press and hold HOME and MENU. The reader should boot into the recovery mode and stop. You may need to hold those buttons until it stops recycling.

You can then log into the USB serial terminal, and restore the ramdisk image by hand.

1) Copy the ramdisk-origi.uimg to micro-SD card
2) Put the card into the reader
3) Mount it:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sd
4) cd /mnt/sd
dd ramdisk-orig.uimg of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=10240 count=600 bs=512
5) Reboot

Good luck!
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, prs-t1, root, rooted, sony