Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
hmreader
hmreader began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
ebook viewer standalon (portable)

Hi all,
is there a possibility to use the calibre ebookviewer standalone (with the portable Calibre version)?
Background: Sometimes I want to open an epub without opening calibre before - I just want to have a short look within the book. Until Version 2 there was an .exe file (Ebook-viewer.exe) which could be used for this. But now I can't find this file in version 3.

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by hmreader; 03-08-2018 at 10:20 AM.
hmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I was going to comment ebook viewer is there in calibre portable but I recall now that I use the normal 64bit install so can not be absolutely sure. You can use this method to get ebook viewer if it is not available in calibre portable though I think you are mistaken.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...08&postcount=2
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Still there for me. Any chance your antivirus program might have deleted it?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:45 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@hmreader - if you can open an epub from the library manager (portable install) then it must be there, it should be at: ...\Calibre Portable\Calibre\ebook-viewer.exe.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
hmreader
hmreader began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino Shine
hmm - strange
I just updated to 3.19 and now it is back again. (but it wasn't there for sure - I think I really need vacation)

However:
Thanks to everybody who answered here :-)
hmreader is offline   Reply With Quote