Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #136
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
You make me feel like Charlie Brown, "We learm more from losing than we do from winning." - "In that case, I must be the most learned man in the world!"

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 05:25 PM   #137
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
New version 0.80.6 in the the first post.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #138
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New version 0.80.7 in the the first post.

Cosmetic update only. Uses PyQt5 QOpenFIleDialog instead of (tkinter) if PyQt5 is available.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:29 PM   #139
nmbllc
nmbllc began at the beginning.

Device: none
On a Mac Sierra 10.12.4 I am seeing the message that there is no MOBI importer. I have the latest Sigil and the latest KindleImport plugin installed, and I am seeing an error about a pyqt cocoa library not found.

This sounds like the same error being discussed in the DOCX import forum, having to do with new Sierra security measures. If is is the same error I will wait for further updates as the developers work through it.

Thanks....
nmbllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 07:43 PM   #140
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbllc View Post
This sounds like the same error being discussed in the DOCX import forum, having to do with new Sierra security measures. If is is the same error I will wait for further updates as the developers work through it.

Thanks....
It certainly does sound like it. I'll try to get a new version of the plugin together that will work around the problem for now.

Thanks for reporting it.

In the meantime, if you want to work around it. You could always open Sigil's preferences folder (Edit->Preferences->Open Preferences Location), go into the "plugins/KindleImport" folder and edit the plugin.py file accordingly (making sure not to change any indentation):

change line 67 from:
Code:
GUI = 'pyqt'
to:
Code:
GUI = 'tkinter'
Line 67 and 69 will then be identical. Save and close the file and try to launch the plugin again.

Or you could just download the previous release from the Releases page on the plugin's Github repository (Links can be found in the first post of this thread).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-09-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #141
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Mac Users - I have yet again updated the Sigil-0.9.8 Mac Package on the github release site with a version of Sigil for Mac that should now happily work with PyQt5 plugins with no extra changes.

Please give it a try and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Thanks
KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 04-10-2017 at 09:26 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #142
nmbllc
nmbllc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kevin, thanks much for the quick work on the Sigil update. I managed to get the new release of Sigil and the kindleimport plugin working just now.
nmbllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #143
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I use Sygil 0.8.5 ; Python 3.4. I appreciate your work on Sygil. Thanks.

I'm wondering perhaps someone knows the reason for this error, or how to make it go away.

I get this error message from Sygil when opening a mobi file:

Quote:
Cannot load EPUB (then there is a path)\dummy.epub.
When I click "Show details", the message says:

Quote:
Unable to read OPF file.
Line: 77 Column 58 - Expected ''' or '"', but got '[a-zA-Z]'.
The Plugin Runner window says this:

Quote:

Path to Kindlebook C:/Users/...\file.mobi
Palm DB type: BOOKMOBI, 166 sections.
Warning: Bad key, size, value combination detected in EXTH 406 16 0000000000000000
Unpacking a Mobipocket 7 book...
Processing Mobipocket 7 section of book...
Mobi Version: 7
Codec: utf-8
Title: file
EXTH Title: file
Palmdoc compression
Unpacking images, resources, fonts, etc
Extracting image: image00147.jpeg from section 147
Extracting image: image00148.jpeg from section 148
Extracting image: image00149.jpeg from section 149
Extracting image: image00150.jpeg from section 150
Extracting image: image00151.jpeg from section 151
Extracting image: image00152.jpeg from section 152
Extracting image: image00153.jpeg from section 153
Extracting image: image00154.jpeg from section 154
Extracting image: image00155.jpeg from section 155
Extracting image: image00156.jpeg from section 156
Extracting image: image00157.jpeg from section 157
Extracting image: image00158.jpeg from section 158
Extracting image: image00159.jpeg from section 159
Extracting image: cover00160.jpeg from section 160
Extracting image: image00162.jpeg from section 162
Unpacking raw markup language
Write ncx
Find link anchors
Insert data into html
Insert hrefs into html
Remove empty anchors from html
Insert image references into html
Building an opf for mobi7/azw4.
Markup encoded as: utf-8
Path to epub or src C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpdf0xoqff\mobi7\ new.epub
Other mobi/azw files open well.

I'll appreciate any suggestions (I don't know anything about programming). Thanks!
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #144
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Difficult to say without seeing the mobi in question. There's a ton of stuff that can go wrong with those older mobis--they're often full of some amazing crud.

You can't post the mobi here if it's copyrighted, though.

You could try the standalone KindleUnpack tool and see if it has better luck. It won't automatically create an epub from a mobi, but it would give you the html at least.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 AM   #145
severus
severus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks for a super quick answer! Yes, it's copyrighted. Perhaps this is the reason why it doesn't open.

Your tip worked: KindleUnpack in calibre worked well and gave up a single html file. Also, a calibre conversion to azw3 shows 229 .xhtml files. Am confused with this result: is it OK to have one file here two hundred there?

The converted azw3 can be opened with KindleImport error-free.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to discuss this... Just trying to determine the cause for KindleImport failing to open this particular mobi file.
severus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #146
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

There's obviously a problem that my plugin doesn't take into account when creating the opf file/epub from the mobi. I'd love to be able to fix it if possible. I'm going to send you a private message, if you don't mind.
Old 07-25-2017, 05:49 PM   #147
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Uploaded a new version (v0.80.8) that will only potentially affect users of Doitsu's Kindlegen plugin.

Now that it (the Kindlegen plugin) has been modified to accept EPUB3-compliant identifiers in the form of:

Code:
<dc:identifier>urn:AMAZON:BXXXXXXXXX</dc:identifier>
then that is what KindleImport will produce whenever its preference "asin_for_kindlegen_plugin" is set to "true", and "azw3_epub_version" is set to "3" (whenever importing azw3s).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:47 AM   #148
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Uploaded a new version (v0.80.8) that will only potentially affect users of Doitsu's Kindlegen plugin.
Thanks for the heads-up! I already updated the KindleGen plugin yesterday in anticipation of this change and it should play nice with the latest version of your KindleImport plugin.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:36 AM   #149
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for the heads-up! I already updated the KindleGen plugin yesterday in anticipation of this change and it should play nice with the latest version of your KindleImport plugin.
No problem. I saw you made the change to KindleGen, so I figured I'd modify KindleImport to match.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:35 PM   #150
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Released another new version (0.80.9) that utilizes the latest upstream changes to the core KindleUnpack files (addresses urls to SVG images in CSS not unpacking properly).